If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
User avatar
Tom Poore
Posts: 1052
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: South Euclid, Ohio, USA

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Tom Poore » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 pm

AndreiKrylov wrote:Thanks a lot, Tom! But he probably removed your post.. I could not find it there.. could you please post it here too ?
and then I will copy it in my post , because I see that some my posts are still there. Thanks again!
Here’s the comment I posted:
The person who posted this is saying that he and his father are the performers. This is false. The performances posted here were recorded by Andrei Krylov. Want proof? Listen to “Aragonese Pavana” beginning at the 2:55 mark. Then listen to this recording by Krylov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCiGipdRC1I. Both performances are identical.
I suggest the following. If you haven’t already done so, you should report this video to YouTube. Directly underneath the video you’ll see “LIKE, DISLIKE, SHARE, and then three dots. Click on the three dots and it’ll bring up “Report” and “Add Translations.” Click on “Reports” and fill out the form for copyright infringement.

In your complaint, be sure to include these quotes from the original poster in which he makes these claims:

• “This is quite an old recording... probably a 2009 one. Yes it was Dad and l playing all the tunes you hear.”

• “What you’ve listened are covers, a selection of Krylov’s music we recorded some years ago because of an exhibition of old instruments at a castle nearby. Glad you liked our work.”

• “Hi Dave, it’s an old recording and there are two of us playing this beautiful music.”

This will prove that he’s falsely saying your performances are his. Also include links to online sources that prove many of the sound samples on his video are indeed yours. Be sure these links have sound samples, so that anyone investigating your complaint can easily hear that your recordings are the same as the fraudulent poster’s.

I sincerely hope you follow through on this. Such blatant fraud richly deserves a response. YouTube moves slowly, and you may not get an immediate reply. But copyright infringement is taken seriously. You should eventually get the matter resolved fairly.

Good luck.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA

User avatar
AndreiKrylov
Posts: 1886
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: Canada

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Thanks a lot Tom! one probably need to have special account on youtube to see this video, because it says "This channel was generated automatically by YouTube's video discovery system"... and I can't see/listen it.. :)

therefore again -
here is couple of my songs (in my albums) from this video for recording/sound comparison :
1. first piece in video
http://www.deezer.com/en/track/96678998
2. last piece in video
http://www.deezer.com/en/track/83252756
Tom Poore wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:33 pm
AndreiKrylov wrote:Thanks a lot, Tom! But he probably removed your post.. I could not find it there.. could you please post it here too ?
and then I will copy it in my post , because I see that some my posts are still there. Thanks again!
Here’s the comment I posted:
The person who posted this is saying that he and his father are the performers. This is false. The performances posted here were recorded by Andrei Krylov. Want proof? Listen to “Aragonese Pavana” beginning at the 2:55 mark. Then listen to this recording by Krylov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCiGipdRC1I. Both performances are identical.
I suggest the following. If you haven’t already done so, you should report this video to YouTube. Directly underneath the video you’ll see “LIKE, DISLIKE, SHARE, and then three dots. Click on the three dots and it’ll bring up “Report” and “Add Translations.” Click on “Reports” and fill out the form for copyright infringement.

In your complaint, be sure to include these quotes from the original poster in which he makes these claims:

• “This is quite an old recording... probably a 2009 one. Yes it was Dad and l playing all the tunes you hear.”

• “What you’ve listened are covers, a selection of Krylov’s music we recorded some years ago because of an exhibition of old instruments at a castle nearby. Glad you liked our work.”

• “Hi Dave, it’s an old recording and there are two of us playing this beautiful music.”

This will prove that he’s falsely saying your performances are his. Also include links to online sources that prove many of the sound samples on his video are indeed yours. Be sure these links have sound samples, so that anyone investigating your complaint can easily hear that your recordings are the same as the fraudulent poster’s.

I sincerely hope you follow through on this. Such blatant fraud richly deserves a response. YouTube moves slowly, and you may not get an immediate reply. But copyright infringement is taken seriously. You should eventually get the matter resolved fairly.

Good luck.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

Stickyhead
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 am
Location: USA

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Tom I do not see your comment it may have been removed. I also commented on this with the following.

The claim that you and your dad are playing this is untrue, this music was ripped from Andrei Krylov. https://www.youtube.com/user/AndreiKrylov
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4OIpn ... 2Q/videos

Stickyhead
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 am
Location: USA

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Stickyhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm
Tom I do not see your comment it may have been removed. I also commented on this with the following.

The claim that you and your dad are playing this is untrue, this music was ripped from Andrei Krylov. https://www.youtube.com/user/AndreiKrylov
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4OIpn ... 2Q/videos
It looks like this user has it set where comments have to be approved by him before they are posted. The comment l left is not showing up.

User avatar
guitarrista
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by guitarrista » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 pm

I saw all of Andrey's comments yesterday - as well as Tom Poore's - and 'like'-d them. The comments were definitely there last night. The fact that this person deleted all these comments is proof that (1) they know very well they have been making false claims and exploiting Andrey's skill and imagination for their own benefit, and (2) they are malicious and shameless and are not going to admit it and correct the information. Launch an official complaint with youtube as other have outlined.

EDIT: This is 'phpdev67's Google+ profile. From looking at a couple of comments there, his name is Luca and he is likely Italian based on the Italian commenting and responses.. Oh.. this is also clear from his youtube "Discussion" page.

EDIT2: And this is what he looks like:
luca-phpdev67.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guitarrista on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

User avatar
lagartija
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10350
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts, USA

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by lagartija » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm

I see that only the copyright holder can submit the takedown form, Andrei. So you would have to fill out the online form and submit it to YouTube. They have instructions. If you are using a phone, the “flag” icon has the link to the form in its menu. They recommend that you fill out the form using a desk top computer not a phone.
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Lawler
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Lawler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Interesting thread. Perhaps if everyone reading the thread reported to YT that the pirated vid was "Spam or misleading" (and it certainly is misleading to say the least), YT would respond. Next to the Like and Dislike buttons (that appear to have been deactivated) there are three dots. (...) That's where the Spam or Misleading report lies.

Andrei, the music sounds beautiful.

User avatar
bear
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by bear » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 pm

guitarrista wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:03 pm
I saw all of Andrey's comments yesterday - as well as Tom Poore's - and 'like'-d them. The comments were definitely there last night. The fact that this person deleted all the comments challenging them is proof that (1) they know very well they have been making false claims and exploiting Andrey's skill and imagination for their own benefit, and they are malicious and shameless and are not going to admit it and correct the information. Launch an official complaint with youtube as other have outlined.

EDIT: This is 'phpdev67's Google+ profile. From looking at a couple of comments there, his name is Luca and he is likely Italian based on the Italian commenting and responses.. Oh.. this is also clear from his youtube "Discussion" page.

EDIT2: And this is what he looks like:

luca-phpdev67.JPG
Are you sure this is him? This pic resembles a member of the Italian rock band Nomadi.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

Lawler
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Lawler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:51 pm

I just posted this on the YT page doing the pirating: "This video is pirating an audio recording that was made by Andrei Krylov." I wonder how long it will be up.

edit: My comment isn't appearing. It could be because the person managing the page requires approval of comments.

User avatar
bear
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by bear » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Lawler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:51 pm
I just posted this on the YT page doing the pirating: "This video is pirating an audio recording that was made by Andrei Krylov." I wonder how long it will be up.

edit: My comment isn't appearing. It could be because the person managing the page requires approval of comments.
I think you need to have a g-mail account to post.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

ddray
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by ddray » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 pm

...
Last edited by ddray on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lawler
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Lawler » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:19 pm

bear wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 pm
Lawler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:51 pm
I just posted this on the YT page doing the pirating: "This video is pirating an audio recording that was made by Andrei Krylov." I wonder how long it will be up.

edit: My comment isn't appearing. It could be because the person managing the page requires approval of comments.
I think you need to have a g-mail account to post.
Yep. I have gmail, google and YT accounts.

User avatar
bear
Posts: 3719
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by bear » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 pm

ddray wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:04 pm
bear wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:00 pm
Lawler wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:51 pm
I just posted this on the YT page doing the pirating: "This video is pirating an audio recording that was made by Andrei Krylov." I wonder how long it will be up.

edit: My comment isn't appearing. It could be because the person managing the page requires approval of comments.
I think you need to have a g-mail account to post.
Of course, but you can have your YT channel set in such a way that you have to approve comments before they appear. That seems to be what's going on. Sounds like the guy's getting some heat.

By the way Mr Krylov, I wasn't aware of your YT channel until a week or so ago. You have some amazing work there that deserves a huge listening audience.
I just looked and someone posted.
2013 Jeff Medlin '37 Hauser 640mm sp
2006 Michele Della Giustina Concert 10 string 650mm ce
2005 Jose Ramirez 4E 650mm ce
2005 Manuel Rodriguez Model C3F 650mm sp
2003 Manuel Rodriguez Model D 650mm ce

User avatar
guitarrista
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by guitarrista » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 pm

bear wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:46 pm
Are you sure this is him? This pic resembles a member of the Italian rock band Nomadi.
Pretty sure, yes. There are multiple different song videos of that person playing guitar, all saying this is a cover by phpdev67. (not a "backing track by.."). Also people are commenting on his playing and he is accepting and thanking them for that.

Also, in this video he explicitly talks about playing in the video: "I played by ear so l might have missed phrasing & passages & good bits". It is also a different shot of him with a bit more light:
luca-phpdev67-2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by guitarrista on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

Stickyhead
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:45 am
Location: USA

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 pm

He has the option set where he has to approve comments. I see my comment only when I am logged in but no others can see it.

Return to “Public Space”