Cordoba C10 string decision

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Kenro

Re: Cordoba C10 string decision

Post by Kenro » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:03 pm

I don't own a Cordoba C10 but I am currently using Savarez 500CJ. The string sounds okay on my Alhambra 4PA, I prefer this over 500AR which I found the treble was overly bright (that might be the case since it's made of carbon). My issue with 500CJ is that they are hard on my fingers and I find it difficult to do pull-offs on fast tempo. When I listened to Cordoba C10 Spruce's sound on YouTube, I thought it sounds nice with 500CJ. Maybe try Savarez 500CR Normal Tension and see if it's more comfortable than 500CJ?
Check out my classical guitar arrangement for Schumann's Träumerei (in original key): https://youtu.be/n4QulIit2FU
Guitar: Alhambra 4PA

fast eddie

Post by fast eddie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:26 am

I recently bought a C10 CD (about 2 months ago) after literally months of deliberations. I am really happy with this guitar and play it almost every night. Since I have no scheduled world wide concerts for my lifetime, the C10 is my guitar for life. I am happy with the strings that came with it but would really like to hear some replacement recommendations. One of the things I like about these strings is the volume of the sound, so I don't want to change that.

My other guitar is a Hernandis, which is lesser known, but is also a very good instrument. I bought it about 40 years ago and recently had Savarez strings on it. It sounded absolutely beautiful, then I switched to Martin and it has lost much of it's beauty. So I'll be changing these in the near future.

Enjoy being on the forum and being able to read comments from so many knowledgeable people who love the CG.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Gwynedd

Post by Gwynedd » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:08 am

I usually use HT Savarez, but recently tried NT on the trebles. I like the effect (I have a Cayuela Spanish guitar, not his top end but a decent mid-range model.) The difference was surprising.

Return to “Public Space”