New talents: naming and faming

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
dory

Re: New talents: naming and faming

Postby dory » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:59 pm

Ok. This is someone totally and completely unknown but I think he may not stay that way. Ming Nguyen. He is still a student-- I believe with Matthew McAlestair. I really liked the performances he did (as a student) before leaving Wisconsin. He may or may not vecome known. I think there is still some mystery to who attracts attention and who does not. I also saw Thibault Garcia recently and liked him. I have been told that Rene Izquierdo who lives and works an hour away from me is mesmerizing but the one time he played in my city recently I was performing a choral work and couldn't go. Has anyone heard him? Is he as good as everyone here in Wisconsin says he is? I should really go to Milwaukee to hear him the next time he plays.
Dory

andreas777

Postby andreas777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:41 pm

A young man from Italy that I met end of last year at the Gitarrentage Vaihingen was Gian Marco Ciampa. Not a "new" talent anymore but very talented.
19 classical guitars, 1 digital piano - no TV, no radio

Nick Clow

Postby Nick Clow » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:33 am

Daniel Nistico.

Originally from Melbourne (I believe), now in the US (again, I believe). Saw him in Sydney a few years ago courtesy of Sydney Classical Guitar Society. Very impressive. There ya go Peter, you could have seen him in Sydney.

He has put a bit of work into his YT channel and it has some very interesting stuff.

And I am bowled over by one of his own compositions. Search YT by 'Daniel Nistico Fugue'. Played live. Terrific construction and development. Darn if it isn't a touch catchy too. It's been going 'round my head today after a couple of listens.
formerly Edward Frillypants

Return to “Public Space”