Things I Hate About Classical Guitar

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
robin loops

Re: Things I Hate About Classical Guitar

Post by robin loops » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:15 pm

kloeten wrote:By the way I love the guitar.
Me too. But I hate that I don't have more time for it, more guitars, and a larger repertoire.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.
-James-

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:23 pm

robin loops wrote:
kloeten wrote:By the way I love the guitar.
Me too. But I hate that I don't have more time for it, more guitars, and a larger repertoire.
I hate that my own guitar music brings back my memories, beautiful places that I love and there I can not be anymore... and beautiful people who may not be there anymore...and spirits of people who gone forever and those who been changed by time...and it brings me myself but long time ago when I was so different ...
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:15 pm

Andrei you aren't by chance writing from a bar with Joni MItchell's Blue playing in the background?
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

nindeguerre

Post by nindeguerre » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:34 am

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:Andrei you aren't by chance writing from a bar with Joni MItchell's Blue playing in the background?

dying of laughter here
2004 Esteve 1GR01. Cedar-topped.

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:23 am

AndreiKrylov wrote:I hate that my own guitar music brings back my memories, beautiful places that I love and there I can not be anymore... and beautiful people who may not be there anymore...and spirits of people who gone forever and those who been changed by time...and it brings me myself but long time ago when I was so different ...
and had such a different...writing style.
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm

I hate how long it takes for me to warm up. If I take a break for more than an hour or two, I'll have to warm up again!

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:08 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:Andrei you aren't by chance writing from a bar with Joni MItchell's Blue playing in the background?
Please forgive me, but I never heard Joni Mitchell Blue...
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:10 pm

Andrew Fryer wrote:
AndreiKrylov wrote:I hate that my own guitar music brings back my memories, beautiful places that I love and there I can not be anymore... and beautiful people who may not be there anymore...and spirits of people who gone forever and those who been changed by time...and it brings me myself but long time ago when I was so different ...
and had such a different...writing style.
I am not sure what do you mean... but it is probably not writing style, but been not able to express myself in English because it is my second language...

Andrew Fryer

Post by Andrew Fryer » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:25 pm

Just joking. Until a week or two ago you wrote quite long paragraphs. Recently you have been writing short phrases interspersed with, erm, three dots (normally three dots are called an ellipsis, but that's only when they indicate that something has been omitted).
1975 Calatayud y Gisbert, Yamaha CG131S.

Jeffrey Armbruster

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Andrei I always appreciate your thoughtful posts that reveal a warm and fully rounded personality. Plus you're a really good guitarist. I was joking too: Joni Mtichell's Blue is a fantastic album that's at times nostalgic and 'down' about life. In one song she has herself drinking alone in a bar and blowing the lone candle out while she thinks about the changes that have happened to a former lover. so my reference.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:25 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:Andrei I always appreciate your thoughtful posts that reveal a warm and fully rounded personality. Plus you're a really good guitarist. I was joking too: Joni Mtichell's Blue is a fantastic album that's at times nostalgic and 'down' about life. In one song she has herself drinking alone in a bar and blowing the lone candle out while she thinks about the changes that have happened to a former lover. so my reference.
Thanks Jeffrey!
I'll try to find it and to listen.
Last edited by AndreiKrylov on Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justfun

Post by Justfun » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 pm

move to nyc friendly for musicians.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

laukejas

Post by laukejas » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:31 pm

There's just two things I hate about playing guitar... Nail maintenence, as someone else has mentioned it already. I also enjoy woodworking, so each time I come back from my workshop, I have to file down these nicks and scratches... And changing strings. I wish I was rich enough to have someone else to do it for me every few weeks :D

Smudger5150

Post by Smudger5150 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Mikkel wrote:And I hate that 99% of my repertoire is way too difficult to perform drunk :D
Strange, I seem to play extremely well when I'm drunk.... :smorfia:
"Music washes away the dust of every day life." Art Blakey

"If I don’t practice for a day, I know it. If I don’t practice for two days, the critics know it. And if I don’t practice for three days, the public knows it." Louis Armstrong

DavisComposer85

Post by DavisComposer85 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:12 am

The only thing I don't like Classical guitar is short sustain.

Return to “Public Space”