It will soon be the 1st of July and on that date any accounts which have been inactive for 12 months are deleted...

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

It will soon be the 1st of July and on that date any accounts which have been inactive for 12 months are deleted...

Postby Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:31 am

:cornet:
It will soon be the 1st of July and on that date any accounts which have been inactive for 12 months are deleted... :twisted:
By the cruel and wicked administrator (that's me :lol: )

:idea: The fact is that on a forum you assume that others are reading what you say and you expect a reply from people when you address them either in public or by private message, which isn't going to happen if accounts are left inactive for months at a time.

So, since January 2016, the forum has specified to members that:

To remain a member you need to post at least one message per month and log in to the forum at least once per year. The accounts of members who have not visited the forum for more than a year are deleted on January 1st and July 1st.

I'm sure there are many members who don't know this, so I'm issuing this little reminder. Especially if you have secondary accounts on the Italian, French or Spanish forums.

That's all,
:bye:
:( + ♫ = :)

guitarrista

Re: It will soon be the 1st of July and on that date any accounts which have been inactive for 12 months are deleted...

Postby guitarrista » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:37 pm

Of course, the ones who would need the reminder will never see it, and the ones who log in to see it in time would therefore not need it :mrgreen:

(*) unless more than one account per person, yes :-)
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

gspalding

Re: It will soon be the 1st of July and on that date any accounts which have been inactive for 12 months are deleted...

Postby gspalding » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:57 pm

My Birthday! So, a day easy to remember. :D
2015 Connor, Cedar Top, 650 mm
1975 K.Yairi, Cedar Top, 660 mm

lagartija

Postby lagartija » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:52 pm

My husband's and my anniversary! :mrgreen:
When the sun shines, bask.
__/^^^^^o>
Classical Guitar forever!

Non Tabius

Postby Non Tabius » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:00 pm

So this would mean "no talkie no ticky" :shock: :shock:

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:07 am

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but I think my long time account was deleted since I forgot to login. I tried to connect and login and would not work. I can't seem to PM members or would have sent a private message to a Moderator

George Crocket

Postby George Crocket » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:43 am

Hi Ali. As you can see from this thread, inactive accounts are removed from time to time. To maintain your account all you need do is, firstly, post an average of one message for each month of membership - you can build up a "credit" in advance, but going into "arrears" risks the closure of your account. The second thing you have to do is to log in at least once each year.

You'll be able to use the PM system after your second message has been approved. Since you seem to have been missing for some time you might find it useful to post a new introduction here.
George
2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:25 pm

George Crocket wrote:Hi Ali. As you can see from this thread, inactive accounts are removed from time to time. To maintain your account all you need do is, firstly, post an average of one message for each month of membership - you can build up a "credit" in advance, but going into "arrears" risks the closure of your account. The second thing you have to do is to log in at least once each year.

You'll be able to use the PM system after your second message has been approved. Since you seem to have been missing for some time you might find it useful to post a new introduction here.

George

Thanks for the information. I was a member for 10 years with a good number of posts. I also was unable to do the forgot password link. It could be simply entering the wrong password but could not reset it. I am quite confident I did recently login as I sold a guitar here.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Hi Ali,

Are you sure you were using the same username before? There are no records of guitars sold here by anyone with that username, but there was someone of that name whose account was deleted in August last year because he had been here for more than 3 months but had not posted a third message (see the last paragraph of this post). Perhaps you had a different name.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm

George, PM sent :D

Ali

Postby Ali » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:31 pm

My username was "Alhambra" I don't see my username on the deleted list which could be a good thing, so perhaps its a wrong password issue, but still cannot reset it. I also do not see my for sale ad in the archives... :?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Ah yes, I see the sale ad here. I even found your old introduction here. Unfortunately the fact that the username there is in a thin black font means the account no longer exists. Regardless of the number of posts, accounts are deleted if a member hasn't logged in for over a year, for the reasons given in the first post of this thread. (Not all the deletions are recorded in the list I mentioned, as it's relatively new). Once an account is deleted from the database, there is no way to restore it. Sorry about that. I'm afraid the only thing you can do now is to continue with your new account, and as suggested earlier you may want to post a new introduction so that people can find it by clicking on your new username.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Public Space”