do you know the brand of this guitar?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
joelmalit

do you know the brand of this guitar?

Post by joelmalit » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:59 pm

This guitar is for sale in a website here in Saudi Arabia, no info in the ad about the brand and it is cheap. Maybe you can help me to identify its brand or maker so I can search for more information. I think I want to buy this guitar, ....but also depends on the brand. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1995 Carl Hellweg-Dieter Hopf CS38, Yusuke Kyo N-12, Ryoji Matsuoka M80R, Kodaira AST-40, Meiko 1967 by Masaru Matano, Yamaha G120A, Yamaha CG131S, Tokai L-50, Fernades GC-15, 1966 Kasuga 80, Terada 700, Craftman C35S, other japanese vintage guitars

Andrew Pohlman

Re: do you know the brand of this guitar?

Post by Andrew Pohlman » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 pm

Can you post a picture of the label which should be visible through the sound hole? A head stock is historically used as a luthier's signature, true, but it is easily copied, so is not a good indicator of the maker without other facts. The label should provide a definitive answer.
2013 Rodriguez FF Sabicas blanco
2015 Trevor Gore custom Neoclassical
- redwood top, Palo dorado B+Ss.

joelmalit

Post by joelmalit » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:24 am

only one photo is available. i'm not sure if it is the actual item or just taken from somewhere else. he mention SKB as brand but i'm sure it's the brand of the guitar case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1995 Carl Hellweg-Dieter Hopf CS38, Yusuke Kyo N-12, Ryoji Matsuoka M80R, Kodaira AST-40, Meiko 1967 by Masaru Matano, Yamaha G120A, Yamaha CG131S, Tokai L-50, Fernades GC-15, 1966 Kasuga 80, Terada 700, Craftman C35S, other japanese vintage guitars

musguitar

Post by musguitar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:40 am

joelmalit wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:24 am
only one photo is available. i'm not sure if it is the actual item or just taken from somewhere else. he mention SKB as brand but i'm sure it's the brand of the guitar case.
Hi Joe, did you buy the mystery guitar? Anyway, my wife will be working in KSA soon. I might follow to teach (not music) in an International University.

joelmalit

Post by joelmalit » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 am

This guitar is still available. I didn't buy it coz I'm not sure if it's a good brand or just a cheap one. Playing musical instruments is allowed here in Saudi Arabia as long as the neighbors are not disturbed by the noise. In fact the Saudis have their own guitar similar to the lute and it's called "oud" - I think it's the same instrument brought by the Moors to Spain when the guitar is not yet in existence.

musguitar

Post by musguitar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:08 pm

joelmalit wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:41 am
This guitar is still available. I didn't buy it coz I'm not sure if it's a good brand or just a cheap one. Playing musical instruments is allowed here in Saudi Arabia as long as the neighbors are not disturbed by the noise. In fact the Saudis have their own guitar similar to the lute and it's called "oud" - I think it's the same instrument brought by the Moors to Spain when the guitar is not yet in existence.
Yes, I am familiar with the oud. I wanted to buy one last time I was at Qatar-- but a bit pricey. Speaking of Moorish Spain, one can hear the influence of oud in their Flamenco.

Return to “Public Space”