New Stenzel Guitar Coming to the USA Very Soon

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
rojarosguitar

New Stenzel Guitar Coming to the USA Very Soon

Postby rojarosguitar » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:04 pm

So finally the new Stenzel guitar with the sister cedar top of another Stenzel guitar that came to the USA few years ago made from a cedar tree that died in fire in 1930s and stood upright since then, and a body made from Sorbus Domestica (witty pear) will come very soon to GSI. If you search "Coming soon - Sebastian Stenzel" blog 2 March, you will find a detailed description with pictures (accidentally :wink: shot by my son Paul who is a photographer)

I nad a chance to play that guitar very briefly and it is sonically and aesthetically absolutely breath-taking. I believe some great musician needs an appointment at the show room there.

I referred to that guitar already here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=109421
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

rojarosguitar

Re: New Stenzel Guitar Coming to the USA Very Soon

Postby rojarosguitar » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 pm

Seems to be already on hold or even sold...
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

astro64

Postby astro64 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:13 pm

I think at least half of all the new guitars GSI sells are pre-ordered. I wouldn't know if that is the case for the Stenzel, but it could be. Either way, it looks like a very nice guitar and it is good it is not languishing in a store.

rojarosguitar

Postby rojarosguitar » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 am

No, this particular guitar was not pre-ordered, it was one of those standing orders of GSI with Sebastian Stenzel. There is the other guitar that also has been delivered that was preordered (reachly ornamented spruce/maple that is decribed in one of the recent blogs).
Stenzel guitars were outstanding for a long time already, but now there is a significant leap as he realised for the first time some constructive changes he was developing since some time. But yes, these are just words, one would have to see and, most importantly to play and to listen...!

Return to “Public Space”