Easy duets

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Laudiesdad69
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 am

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. There are so many good ones!
Scott

KlaBueBaer
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Easy duets

Post by KlaBueBaer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:37 pm

I recommend simple pieces for two and/or three guitars by Joseph Kueffner. Formerly published by Schott. I use it in teaching with students with minimal 4 to 6 months of experience in guitar playing. I buy it from time to time antiquarian for my students.
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria MH 100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

KlaBueBaer
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Easy duets

Post by KlaBueBaer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:03 pm

I looked at IMSLP and found this for the opus 168: http://imslp.org/wiki/60_Lessons_for_2_ ... r,_Joseph)
as far as i know it is not copyright protected (marked as public domain, first published on 1826 ;-))
hope that helps.
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria MH 100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:03 pm

KlaBueBaer wrote:I looked at IMSLP and found this for the opus 168: http://imslp.org/wiki/60_Lessons_for_2_ ... r,_Joseph)
as far as i know it is not copyright protected (marked as public domain, first published on 1826 ;-))
hope that helps.
The only music that came up was a PDF for sale of 12 guitar duos. I will check it out on pay day :D

KlaBueBaer
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:50 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany

Re: Easy duets

Post by KlaBueBaer » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Sorry, the automatic generated link was truncated. please, add a ")" to the link and try again

http://imslp.org/wiki/60_Lessons_for_2_ ... r,_Joseph)

. Click on "Complete Score" and the download will be enabled. If you select the gear on the right site and then the menue item "Download 2 files as zip files" you will get both Scores.
---
Lakewood M-32G --- Aria MH 100 --- Hoyer Grand Concert --- Crafter Vintage ---
MuseScore --- GuitarPro --- SmartScore ---

powderedtoastman
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:15 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Easy duets

Post by powderedtoastman » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:11 pm


Laudiesdad69
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:18 pm

powderedtoastman wrote:I like this one from Sor, also:
http://imslp.org/wiki/6_Valses_faciles, ... _Fernando)
I will check, but may have this in a book. And thanks again for the book with the Malagueña. The wife is working on it.

User avatar
eno
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:56 pm
Location: Boston, USA

Re: Easy duets

Post by eno » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 am

My favourite most beautiful and easy duet: Takashi Yoshimatsu "Winter Lullaby"
Paulino Bernabe 'India' 2001
Rokutaru Nakade No.9 1969, 1967
Masaru Kohno No.6 1967

User avatar
Norbert Neunzling
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Norbert Neunzling » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:38 am

The Kueffner-duos are also linked on the delcamp sheetmusic page for Joseph Küffner.
Me and my duopartner Edith Lehner are recording a lot of student repertoire for two guitars on youtube. If a free edition is available we also always link to the score.
Here is a playlist with the Küffner-duos (currently at number 44)
as well as a lot of easy pieces by Giuliani, Carulli, Neuland.
If you want to play more modern music: There is a very nice collection by Claude Gagnon - 19 Duos faciles - with an easy first guitar accompanied by a slightly more difficult second guitar. You can listen to the complete duos on my channel. I am not permitted (due to copyright) to link here directly, but you can search for 'saitenspuren - Gagnon'

hope that gives you some suggestions, best wishes,

norbert
Karl Schandl - Wiener Modell - 1927
Richard Jacob (Weißgerber) Nr. 32.8./4 - 1935
Michael Gee - Hauser style no.2 - 1990

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 am

Norbert Neunzling wrote:The Kueffner-duos are also linked on the delcamp sheetmusic page for Joseph Küffner.
Me and my duopartner Edith Lehner are recording a lot of student repertoire for two guitars on youtube. If a free edition is available we also always link to the score.
Here is a playlist with the Küffner-duos (currently at number 44)
as well as a lot of easy pieces by Giuliani, Carulli, Neuland.
If you want to play more modern music: There is a very nice collection by Claude Gagnon - 19 Duos faciles - with an easy first guitar accompanied by a slightly more difficult second guitar. You can listen to the complete duos on my channel. I am not permitted (due to copyright) to link here directly, but you can search for 'saitenspuren - Gagnon'

hope that gives you some suggestions, best wishes,

norbert
Thanks Norbert, I really enjoy your videos.
Scott

Marshall Dixon
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 5:06 pm
Location: SW Oregon

Re: Easy duets

Post by Marshall Dixon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Laudiesdad69 wrote:I am looking for some beggining level duets to try with my wife and daughter. Can anyone recommend any pieces? I don't know where to begin.
"Bach at the Beginning: Six Pieces from the Anna Magdalena Notebook by J. S. Bach arranged as first year guitar duets" by John W. Duarte. A Novello publication.

From the foreward: "Both guitar parts are set in close to the nut position, i.e. using open strings freely. The fingerings are designed to fall easily under the hands of players who have had about one year of good tuition, rather than for their artistic finesse, and the rhythms are simple, with few syncopations...."

Laudiesdad69
Posts: 991
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

Re: Easy duets

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Laudiesdad69 wrote:I am looking for some beggining level duets to try with my wife and daughter. Can anyone recommend any pieces? I don't know where to begin.
"Bach at the Beginning: Six Pieces from the Anna Magdalena Notebook by J. S. Bach arranged as first year guitar duets" by John W. Duarte. A Novello publication.

From the foreward: "Both guitar parts are set in close to the nut position, i.e. using open strings freely. The fingerings are designed to fall easily under the hands of players who have had about one year of good tuition, rather than for their artistic finesse, and the rhythms are simple, with few syncopations...."
:merci:

Return to “Public Space”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], DCGillrich, Nick Clow, Portland Bill, SteveL123 and 19 guests