Easy(ish) baroque pieces

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
powis55

Easy(ish) baroque pieces

Postby powis55 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

Hi all,

I have been studying a few easy(ish) pieces by Logy, and would like to ask members if they can recommend other baroque pieces that fall somewhere around late beginner-early intermediate that I could play after a reasonable amount of practice.
David Milton Jones
Kfar Saba, Israel

bert

Re: Easy(ish) baroque pieces

Postby bert » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:10 am

I recently uploaded a few baroque pieces that I think may fall into that category. Not being a teacher I could be wrong, but you can check some of them out. Here is a video of the (IMO) easiest pieces

tyke

Postby tyke » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:16 am

You could try looking in the Guitar Moments collections of arrangements by Eythor Tholaksson here:

https://www.classical-guitar-school.com/en/Collections

I've found these a good resource of very pleasant sounding pieces including some baroque stuff.

Wesjr1

Postby Wesjr1 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 am

deleted.
"For 37 years I've practiced 14 hours a day, and now they call me a genius” -- Pablo de Sarasate

Bernhard Heimann

Postby Bernhard Heimann » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Have you had a look at the Delcamp volumes D03..D05, where you can find many baroque gems
(Sanz, Brescianello, de Visée, Bach)?
In the forum section "Our scores" you can find baroque pieces, too.
Noad's book "The Baroque Guitar" contains several easier pieces and a good introduction to baroque music style.
If you are looking for more or something specific, feel free to send me a PM.

Bernhard

powis55

Postby powis55 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Thank you very much all for your help.
David Milton Jones
Kfar Saba, Israel

gilles T

Postby gilles T » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello powis55,

There are littirally hundreds, if not thousands, of pieces that match your request, but one good starting point is the very nice "baroque guitar anthology" by Jens Franke and Stuart Willis, published by Schott. Four volumes of exquisite pieces, carefully sorted by order of difficulty. The first three volumes span the beginner-intermediate level, and the third volume ends with a complete and very accurate transcription of the sonata "l'infidèle" by Silvius-Leopold Weiss. Last but not least, each volume comes with a very good audio CD that is not only useful but also very pleasant to listen to.
Hope this helps,
regards,

Gilles

Altophile

Postby Altophile » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 am

gilles T wrote:Hello powis55,

There are littirally hundreds, if not thousands, of pieces that match your request, but one good starting point is the very nice "baroque guitar anthology" by Jens Franke and Stuart Willis, published by Schott. Four volumes of exquisite pieces, carefully sorted by order of difficulty. The first three volumes span the beginner-intermediate level, and the third volume ends with a complete and very accurate transcription of the sonata "l'infidèle" by Silvius-Leopold Weiss. Last but not least, each volume comes with a very good audio CD that is not only useful but also very pleasant to listen to.
Hope this helps,
regards,

Gilles

Yes, these are very nice volumes, and Franke either does or will be offering master-class lessons via Skype.

~Sean

powis55

Postby powis55 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks all again for your suggestions.
David Milton Jones
Kfar Saba, Israel

Return to “Public Space”