Warning: Software update, and action needed from members

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Warning: Software update, and action needed from members

Post by GeoffB » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

The popup box has been added to conform with EU law, which is making it compulsory for websites to obtain users' consent to cookies. Clicking on the "Got it" button should get rid of it until, as Sergio said, you clear your cookies again. When you say it keeps popping up, do you mean immediately, or next time you log in? If the latter, do your settings delete cookies whenever you end a session? That's how my browser is configured, and sure enough, I get the popup at each login. You could probably fix that by adding the site's address to a "whitelist" of of cookies that won't be deleted, though I'm not familiar with how that would be done on the Android phone.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

andries veldhuis

Re: Warning: Software update, and action needed from members

Post by andries veldhuis » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Thank you for notifying, no problems with the update, it all works fine like before, Andries

Return to “Public Space”