Info wanted on "Juan de Perez" guitar

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
PeterAk

Info wanted on "Juan de Perez" guitar

Post by PeterAk » Mon May 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi

I recently bought a guitar. A classical "Juan de Perez" cutaway, model Granada Cut. Rosewood, back & sides, Cedar solid top. I really like it and it suits my way of playing perfectly. Now I am just very curious to find out more about this guitar and guitar maker. Anybody else in this forum playing a "Juan de Perez" guitar?
All I know is that it is roughly 23 years old, and was already fitted with the Lr-baggs mic then. A search on google gave me very little information, so if anyone can help me with some more insight to this instrument I´d be very grateful.
Kind regards
Peter

Mårten

Re: Info wanted on "Juan de Perez" guitar

Post by Mårten » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:30 pm

I also have a Juan de Perez!
Model Sevilla that I bought about 25 years ago in Sweden.
It was the most expensive guitar (350-400$) I could afford back then.
I played it for a few years but then quit classical guitar and played some rock guitar. Now 20 years later I restringed it and have so much fun learning guitar again.
I don't know enough to tell if it's a good guitar or not but I am quite fond of it and it sounds better than I remember (I also have managed to grow nails this time😀).
Kind regards Mårten

I also tried the internet but came up empty so if anyone has information it'd be appreciated.

PeterAk

Post by PeterAk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Hello Mårten

Thanks for your reply. Ah, that´s interesting to hear. Glad to hear you picked up the classical guitar again. Best of luck with it! In my opinion they are really good guitars, but hard to find info about them..

Mårten

Post by Mårten » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

So I went to the store today where I bought it 25 years ago. I found a guy who always worked there. He told me they stopped selling the Perez guitars some 15 years ago but didn't really know why. In Sweden it was not a company but a guy who himself imported them to Sweden and only to Uppsala. He didn't remember the name so I think that's about all information I will get.

Return to “Public Space”