Orfeo Magazine No. 9 celebrates Antonio de Torres

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
forumlieske

Orfeo Magazine No. 9 celebrates Antonio de Torres

Post by forumlieske » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Dear Friends,

I am happy to promote the stunning Orfeo Magazine an Classical Guitarmakers.
It is produced and published in Paris by Alberto Martinez as an Internet magazine and each issue has a theme within the art of luthiers of classical guitars from the past-time legends to the contemporary masters.
Alberto contacted me to take photos of the "La Leona" guitar in Cologne some month ago since he was preparing a special issue to celebrate the bicentennial of Antonio de Torres. Since then we met several times in our home and he was a welcomed guest in our FORUM III Vintage Guitar Summit about Torres.

Orfeo No. 9 is online now and the issue is as excellent as its predecessors. It gives a great insight into the cosmos of the Andalusian master with fascinating photos, articles and interviews.

So I can only recommend to visit the Orfeo web which offers the magazine in English, Spanish and French.
http://wulfinlieske.us13.list-manage.co ... aa50ddb128
The first five issues are also available in a perfectly printed large book.
[url]mailto:orfeo@orfeomagazine.fr?subject=%20Orfeo%20Nos.%201-5%20(print%20version)[/url]
We owe Alberto a big Thank You for this wonderful contribution to Torres' birthday (June 13, 1817)

Best regards

Wulfin Lieske
www.wulfinlieske.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1925 Santos Hernandez
1856 Antonio de Torres
2014 Fritz Ober
2014 Nicolaus Wollf
2014 Frank Krocker (Frame Works)

rinneby

Re: ORFEO MAGAZINE No. 9 celebrates Antonio de Torres

Post by rinneby » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:51 am

This is just wonderful! Perfect timing, as I'm going to try out a SE 114 replica by famous luthier Lars Jönsson, tomorrow.

All the best from Sweden

/Jon
1965 - Masaru Kono
1996 - Masaru Kohno Maestro

You are the instrument, not the guitar

otirroz

Post by otirroz » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:58 pm

:merci: Wulfin,

Great magazine, good read.

P de V

John Stone

Post by John Stone » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:20 pm

I have the bound version of Orfeo 1-5. I love it -- a really wonderful coffee table book. I hope that Orfeo publishes the more recent issues the same way. The Torres volume looks terrific.
2001 Manuel Velazquez
1977 Ramirez 1a
2014 Cordoba C10
They said, "You have a blue guitar, You do not play things as they are." The man replied, "Things as they are / Are changed upon the blue guitar."

Guido

Post by Guido » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading this!

larryguitar

Post by larryguitar » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:50 pm

John Stone wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:20 pm
I have the bound version of Orfeo 1-5. I love it -- a really wonderful coffee table book. I hope that Orfeo publishes the more recent issues the same way. The Torres volume looks terrific.
I agree! I also bought the bound volume and think it is beautiful. I hope they can make enough money from the sale of the first volume to print the second volume.

Return to “Public Space”