Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Altophile
Posts: 399
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:36 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by Altophile » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

tothebroccolifields wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am
I've owned both a 7-string Giannini, as well as a 7-string guitar bar Bartolex guitars. The bartloex costs more than the Giannini for a reason. The Giannini had a thin nasally sound (both guitars were cedar). From what I've heard Giannini is really hit and miss, so it could be that I got a sub par instrument. I was very happy with the Bartolex. I played in a quartet against guitars that cost 4 to 5 times as much, and the Bartolex did fairly well. They also offer the same guitar in spruce.
Which Giannini did you get, one from one of the budget series or one from the hand-crafted series?

~Sean

tothebroccolifields
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by tothebroccolifields » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Which Giannini did you get, one from one of the budget series or one from the hand-crafted series?

~Sean
[/quote]

I definitely got a budget instrument. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it was somewhere around $750.

User avatar
rojarosguitar
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm
Location: near Freiburg, Germany

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:04 pm

You can see mine here:

www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=97426

As to the sound:
solo:

Youtube


with voice:


Youtube



Youtube
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

User avatar
AndreiKrylov
Posts: 1688
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:22 pm
Location: Canada, USA, Mexico, Portugal, Spain

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by AndreiKrylov » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm

all my guitars are 7 string.
but... my 7th string is not on frets but fretless and playable as fretless.
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon Prime etc. Thanks!

Aaron Green
Luthier
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by Aaron Green » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:40 pm

I have two multi string guitars in stock right now. One an 8 string spruce/maple Daryl Perry and the other a 7 string Humphrey Millennium in cedar/rosewood. Both are outstanding guitars. The Humphrey has yet to be listed but my web guy should have it up today with any luck. Its an early millennium, in mint condition and is owned by Neil Anderson a legendary performer and teacher from Boston. He left his gigs at NEC and Boston Conservatory including a very active concert career to enter the tech world in the early 90s. He gained a lot of success in that world too by all accounts.

In the interim, here's the Perry. It is a beautiful bit of work I must say.

http://vintageclassicalguitars.net/inve ... DarylPerry

And thanks to my web guy, here's the Humphrey-

http://vintageclassicalguitars.net/inve ... yMillenium
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

DavisComposer85
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 am
Location: Malaysia

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by DavisComposer85 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:40 pm

tothebroccolifields wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:33 am
DavisComposer85 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:44 am
tothebroccolifields wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am
I've owned both a 7-string Giannini, as well as a 7-string guitar bar Bartolex guitars. The bartloex costs more than the Giannini for a reason. The Giannini had a thin nasally sound (both guitars were cedar). From what I've heard Giannini is really hit and miss, so it could be that I got a sub par instrument. I was very happy with the Bartolex. I played in a quartet against guitars that cost 4 to 5 times as much, and the Bartolex did fairly well. They also offer the same guitar in spruce.
Do you mind to show your 7-string guitar photos and specs?

Just want to take it as reference.
I actually sold both of the guitars since I've decided to play 19th century guitar. You can also hear the Bartolex here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sopEV6B02VU&t=382s
I'm the one on the right. I was furthest away from the camera, so I wasn't picked up quite as much.
You got beautiful guitar here!
rojarosguitar wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:04 pm
You can see mine here:

www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopi ... =1&t=97426

As to the sound:
solo:

Youtube


with voice:


Youtube



Youtube
I found all 7 String guitar looks beautiful!
AndreiKrylov wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:44 pm
all my guitars are 7 string.
but... my 7th string is not on frets but fretless and playable as fretless.
Do you mind to post the picture of your 7 String guitar here?
Aaron Green wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:40 pm
I have two multi string guitars in stock right now. One an 8 string spruce/maple Daryl Perry and the other a 7 string Humphrey Millennium in cedar/rosewood. Both are outstanding guitars. The Humphrey has yet to be listed but my web guy should have it up today with any luck. Its an early millennium, in mint condition and is owned by Neil Anderson a legendary performer and teacher from Boston. He left his gigs at NEC and Boston Conservatory including a very active concert career to enter the tech world in the early 90s. He gained a lot of success in that world too by all accounts.

In the interim, here's the Perry. It is a beautiful bit of work I must say.

http://vintageclassicalguitars.net/inve ... DarylPerry

And thanks to my web guy, here's the Humphrey-

http://vintageclassicalguitars.net/inve ... yMillenium
Wow 8 String guitar!!! Does your left hand fingers able to reach every fretboard?

I might thinking to get 8 String but I'm worry if my fingers are too short.

Aaron Green
Luthier
Posts: 1103
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Show Me Your 7-String Classical Guitar

Post by Aaron Green » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Well I don't play 8 string myself but I expect that if you're playing lute music there will be times that it's nice to have the option. It's a great guitar in any case and you're welcome to swing by to try it out.
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

Return to “Public Space”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], jamma, kloeten, Mikkel, Pat Dodson, Tim522, Uriel Garcia and 28 guests