Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
larryguitar
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by larryguitar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm

Three days to go and 26% away...it's not looking good. ;-( Any thoughts on how we can move the needle?

User avatar
Stephen Kenyon
Teacher
Posts: 1935
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Dorchester, Dorset, England

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:20 pm

larryguitar wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Three days to go and 26% away...it's not looking good. ;-( Any thoughts on how we can move the needle?
Are threads about it on the French etc forums?
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

larryguitar
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by larryguitar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 pm

Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:20 pm
larryguitar wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Three days to go and 26% away...it's not looking good. ;-( Any thoughts on how we can move the needle?
Are threads about it on the French etc forums?
I don't know. My French is terrible, despite being married to a French woman.

User avatar
Michael.N.
Posts: 6429
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by Michael.N. » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm

As far as I can tell it hasn't been posted in any of the other forums, French, Spanish(!) or Italian.
Historicalguitars.

User avatar
Stephen Kenyon
Teacher
Posts: 1935
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Dorchester, Dorset, England

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Michael.N. wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 pm
As far as I can tell it hasn't been posted in any of the other forums, French, Spanish(!) or Italian.
Got to be worth a try! Apart from that, a last minute mail out to anybody one knows who has any interest in these things. My mailout has worked at least once, so again, gotta be worth a try.

Also occurred to me to wonder whether Maestro Delcamp would sanction a mass email to all 'Campers on the topic. Hard to understand how anybody on this forum would fail to understand the importance of the matter.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

doug
Posts: 883
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Location: Arapahoe, North Carolina 28510

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by doug » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:30 pm

I just pledged.
It's 88% complete.
Let's do this!
2017 Jason Wolverton spruce/maple, 640, "Luz Blanca"
2016 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640, C
2015 GV Rubio Estudio 640 SP/PE
2009 Kenny Hill New World Estudio 640 SP

larryguitar
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by larryguitar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 pm

doug wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:30 pm
I just pledged.
It's 88% complete.
Let's do this!
Ha, thanks! I'm pulling all the levers and pushing all the buttons I can.... ;-)

User avatar
Michael.N.
Posts: 6429
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by Michael.N. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm

It's taken a well needed plunge forward, thankfully.
It's still not on the Spanish, French or Italian language forums of delcamp though. Surely some who are fluent in any of those languages can post a message or even just a link.
Historicalguitars.

User avatar
forumlieske
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by forumlieske » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:18 pm

larryguitar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm
cgratham wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:56 pm
I don't know anyone involved in the film's production, but like larryguitar I've backed it too. This is a project I'd really like to see go ahead and the first thing I've ever backed on Kickstarter. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me if (and how) I can go in and up my contribution?
Chris
I believe you can choose the option to Manage Your Pledge up until the day the project reaches or does not reach its goal. So, you can up your contribution, reduce your contribution, or remove your contribution. Your payment method only gets charged if the project meets its goal. It's looking pretty tough at this point, to be honest.

As an aside, I had to pay quite a bit to secure an English version of the Romanillos book on Torres. There appears to be no more existing stock of this book in English.
Hi Chris,

There are plans to republish the book in a remastered version. Until then keep yourself updated at

Code: Select all

www.wulfinlieske.com
Best

Wulfin.
1925 Santos Hernandez
1856 Antonio de Torres
2014 Fritz Ober
2014 Nicolaus Wollf
2014 Frank Krocker (Frame Works)

User avatar
forumlieske
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by forumlieske » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:20 pm

larryguitar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm
cgratham wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:56 pm
I don't know anyone involved in the film's production, but like larryguitar I've backed it too. This is a project I'd really like to see go ahead and the first thing I've ever backed on Kickstarter. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me if (and how) I can go in and up my contribution?
Chris
I believe you can choose the option to Manage Your Pledge up until the day the project reaches or does not reach its goal. So, you can up your contribution, reduce your contribution, or remove your contribution. Your payment method only gets charged if the project meets its goal. It's looking pretty tough at this point, to be honest.

As an aside, I had to pay quite a bit to secure an English version of the Romanillos book on Torres. There appears to be no more existing stock of this book in English.
Hi Chris,

There are plans to republish the book in a remastered version. Until then keep yourself updated at

Code: Select all

www.wulfinlieske.com
Also there is a Torres issue on Orpheo Magazine - just google.

Best

Wulfin.
1925 Santos Hernandez
1856 Antonio de Torres
2014 Fritz Ober
2014 Nicolaus Wollf
2014 Frank Krocker (Frame Works)

User avatar
Michael.N.
Posts: 6429
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by Michael.N. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:27 pm

It's now very close to the target. Some big hitters must have come in.
Historicalguitars.

cgratham
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:12 am
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by cgratham » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes! I've gone in and raised my support twice, but at modest levels. So hopefully a few more will do the same - or encourage new supporters to join in.

Chris
Michael.N. wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm
It's taken a well needed plunge forward, thankfully.
It's still not on the Spanish, French or Italian language forums of delcamp though. Surely some who are fluent in any of those languages can post a message or even just a link.

larryguitar
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by larryguitar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:48 pm

forumlieske wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:18 pm
larryguitar wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:09 pm
cgratham wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:56 pm
I don't know anyone involved in the film's production, but like larryguitar I've backed it too. This is a project I'd really like to see go ahead and the first thing I've ever backed on Kickstarter. Speaking of which, can anyone tell me if (and how) I can go in and up my contribution?
Chris
I believe you can choose the option to Manage Your Pledge up until the day the project reaches or does not reach its goal. So, you can up your contribution, reduce your contribution, or remove your contribution. Your payment method only gets charged if the project meets its goal. It's looking pretty tough at this point, to be honest.

As an aside, I had to pay quite a bit to secure an English version of the Romanillos book on Torres. There appears to be no more existing stock of this book in English.
Hi Chris,

There are plans to republish the book in a remastered version. Until then keep yourself updated at

Code: Select all

www.wulfinlieske.com
Best

Wulfin.
Thanks Wulfin! That's good news.

larryguitar
Posts: 790
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by larryguitar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Michael.N. wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:27 pm
It's now very close to the target. Some big hitters must have come in.
My goodness, I think we're going to make it. Thanks, everyone. I'll push it over the top myself if it comes to that. ;-)

User avatar
kertsopoulos
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 7:26 pm
Location: Athens, Greece

Re: Funding a film about Antonio Torres

Post by kertsopoulos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Congratulations to everyone, the campaign is going to be a winner, let's inform until the last minute, all best!

Return to “Public Space”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adrian Allan, albert-canuck, bear, Briant, CommonCrawl [Bot], Gary Macleod, Jeffrey Armbruster, kertsopoulos, lagartija, Rasputin, Yahoo [Bot] and 25 guests