Some New Videos

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Aaron Green
Luthier

Some New Videos

Post by Aaron Green » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone!

Things have been very busy around my place in the last few months. Besides being well into a very large batch and working on some restorations with Karl Franks... I've had the privilege of handling and selling a few stellar Bouchets, Hauser I and II, Friederich among others. Both Frank Wallace and a young virtuoso named Jonas Kublickas have been coming around to do more videos for my Youtube channel and here are the latest two

1964 Bouchet (the second one from 1964 I've had)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ImABn3BkQ

and an incredible 1975 Velazquez that definitely shows this luthier can go toe to toe with the best of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3AF2-6dQ0

I just received the video Frank did of the 1937 Hauser I Llobet model (with a tornavoz!) that I sold last spring. I'll be putting that up later this week.

Enjoy!

Aaron
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

Johnne Lee

Re: Some New Videos

Post by Johnne Lee » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Even on Youtube...

That Velazquez sounds incredible! (Of course, the guitarist helps greatly!)

Thanks

jl

cgratham

Post by cgratham » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:21 pm

Wow! That Velazquez really does sound fantastic.

I've checked out a number of your other videos Aaron, and I really appreciate how you leave them very much sounding like I imagine the guitars really sound live in the room. I've found that some dealers' clips on-line sound so heavily processed that I can barely tell the difference from one guitar to the next.

Thanks for sharing.
Chris

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 am

Thank you very much guys. The Velazquez is a monster guitar, it's pretty much got everything you'd want in one of his guitars, and then some.

Thank you for your point in regards to production. The majority of the videos are with and by Frank Wallace and he has spent a ton of time working out the best way to recreate an honest representation of the guitar. On first thought that seems rather straight forward but in fact it's a very tricky affair. The mics, mic placement, recording technology all flavor and compress the sound and that has to be dealt with. I think overall the caliber of his work is excellent but he's really turned a corner IMO in his methodology. I am most grateful for his artistry and dedication to this project.

While being certainly a sales vehicle for the guitars I represent, the bigger goal is to help catalog all these great historic instruments and remind people not to get too lost in the evolution of the instrument. I firmly believe that the tone,tonal palette, complexity of the voice and balance of these qualities...as typified by the "traditional" guitar; is the instrument's greatest virtue and those qualities are the most quickly lost in the pursuit of horse (or any other kind) power. As a builder first and foremost these are the guitars I like and what I model as I strive to stand on their shoulders and do them one better. Thats the goal anyways and an unsatisfiable one so it'll keep me busy.
Aaron Green, Luthier

Guitarists unite to help Anthony Weller. PM me to ask how you may do so as well.

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Another video of a great guitar that I am honored to represent. Dominique Field has well earned his reputation IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COAEzA94n2w
Aaron Green, Luthier

Kevin Cowen

Post by Kevin Cowen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks for another selection of great sounds Aaron.
I'll never tire of hearing Frank Wallace - even though I've never seen him live.
Keep up the good work.

Aaron Green
Luthier

Post by Aaron Green » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:28 pm

I'll let him know and yes you ought to hear him live. He is a genius IMO and a great friend.

Thank you for your kind words!

A
Aaron Green, Luthier

Return to “Public Space”