Videos like Guitarra

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
alex1029

Videos like Guitarra

Post by alex1029 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi! Im in love with the julian bream documentary called Guitarra. I want to know if there is others like that in the same vane?

Also im new here and want to in the future post videos of my compositions and arrangements. Is that possible to share here?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Videos like Guitarra

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi Alex,

On your second question, yes, certainly, you can post videos of your own compositions in the Our recordings of Members' Compositions section, and your arrangements in the relevant "Our recordings ..." section corresponding to the original composer or era. (You can see those sections, with their subsections, listed on the main forum page here, with the dates applying to each era).

Please check out all the relevant rules and restrictions here before posting. In particular please note that only arrangements of music in the public domain can be posted, which usually means the original composer has been dead for over 70 years.

Please also observe the standard format for the post title, described here, to help with sorting and searching. And you can find guidance on embedding YouTube videos here.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! I also have the Guitarra video and love it very much and watch it all the time! I also have the Andres Segovia video and it is pretty good as well. Anyway, see you around the forum.

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm

Oops, I also forgot to say that I have the John Williams portrait and Seville Video on DVD. This is another great one!

LukeMarsden

Post by LukeMarsden » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:50 am

nothing like it out there in terms of quality, depth and pure pleasure....

the budget for those C4 programs in the 80's are long gone.

Digory Piper

Post by Digory Piper » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:09 am

I still have my copy of the original double LP which accompanied the TV series, since repackaged on CD.

The first programme, and side 1 of the first LP, was my introduction to the vihuela. Historically informed playing styles may have moved on, but Bream has been a powerful advocate for this repertoire.

I just think he looks a bit too warm much of the time - not ditching the tie, waistcoat [vest] or pullover even in the spring heat of Andalucía :)

Typo on the DVD cover (on my copy) - Sir Charles Groves's name lacks an S.

tnn

Post by tnn » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:40 am

alex1029 wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:51 pm
Hi! Im in love with the julian bream documentary called Guitarra. I want to know if there is others like that in the same vane?
You might also enjoy the DVD "Julian Bream: My Life in Music," which is apparently still available from Amazon, and the earlier film "Julian Bream: A Life in the Country," which as far as I know is only available in the "Julian Bream - The Complete Album Collection" box set (which also includes "Julian Bream: My Life in Music").

Rob

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:02 am

Thanks, I would love to see Julian Bream's, My Life in Music DVD!

alex1029

Post by alex1029 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:39 pm

thanks guys!!! Ive seen all of those I believe. Super hard to find them all though. My life in music is amazing!

Return to “Public Space”