Herbal Solution to Joint/ tendon, bone pain: trying Solomon's Seal

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
MhyrrBenz

Herbal Solution to Joint/ tendon, bone pain: trying Solomon's Seal

Post by MhyrrBenz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:49 am

I thought I read it somewhere on this site last year on a possible solution to chronic RSI pain and inflammation, (a pattern with both thumbs, bad bent wrists, I know, but back and neck aren't happy either) - - - but I can't find referring comment with link, so looked up all possible places to get and found a reasonable place to try, with good advice too. I ordered root, since I can't drink alcohol, but I maybe on right track. Here's where I got it, [Mod Edit; please do not include links to commercial sites - search engine will find the product]: As a TINCTURE Solomon's Seal is generally superior to the tea for treating sports and repetitive use injuries, and injuries involving tendons, ligaments, muscles, joints, attachments, cartilage, and bones. In short, the tincture works to strengthen and regulate the entire muscular-skeletal system.

Use either the tea or tincture to speed recovery after surgery or the setting of a bone, to rebuild strength and well-being after a fever or the flu, or to aid in keeping a chiropractic adjustment in place.

TEA: IMPORTANT: Use 1/2 teaspoon or less of loose Solomon’s Seal root per 6-10 oz of water. No tea bag or strainer is necessary because the root swells and sinks to the bottom of the cup for easy sipping

I've been wearing braces on thumbs and neck when flying or after serious exertion, to avoid re-injury and distress, but I think I need more. I'm older now and after 3 cervical disk removals and decades between starting up CG again, I need to look at what Mother Nature has to offer. Just got through Clair de Lune, Chaconne and Aguado's Rondo 22 and it wasn't bad, which means I'll pay later. If anyone has tried this powerful remedy, let me know how, what and if it worked. Thanks. :cafe:

eno

Re: Herbal Solution to Joint/ tendon, bone pain: trying Solomon's Seal

Post by eno » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

I have a similar problem: arthritic pain in my left hand fingers that I used to get after a few hours of guitar practice. I found a good natural solution that really works, its called "Avocado and Soy Unsaponifiables", it's a natural substance extracted from soy and avocado. I read a research paper confirming the efficieny of this medicine, it removes the pain and also prevents from further arthritis developent. It takes about two month to get the full effect as the substance needs time to penetrate into the joints but it really works, my pain is now mostly gone.
Paulino Bernabe 'India' 2001
Masaru Kohno No.20 1975, No.6 1967
Rokutaro Nakade A9 1969, custom 1967, A1 1962
Mitsuru Tamura No.800 1969
Takamine C136S 1976

Tomzooki

Post by Tomzooki » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 am

eno wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm
I have a similar problem: arthritic pain in my left hand fingers that I used to get after a few hours of guitar practice. I found a good natural solution that really works, its called "Avocado and Soy Unsaponifiables", it's a natural substance extracted from soy and avocado. I read a research paper confirming the efficieny of this medicine, it removes the pain and also prevents from further arthritis developent. It takes about two month to get the full effect as the substance needs time to penetrate into the joints but it really works, my pain is now mostly gone.
Benoît Raby, Engelmann sp/Ziricote
Yamaha GC-3A
11-strings alto guitar by Heikki Rousu, sp/indonesian RW

MhyrrBenz

Post by MhyrrBenz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Thanks, Eno & Toomzooki. I've only had two cups of this tea so far, loved the u-ma-me taste and odor and found to my surprise magic soon after. I believe it's almost dangerous to take herbs without knowing what they can do, so read up and prevented possible dehydration with unsweetened coconut water and chicken broth as in tropics all I do is sweat or turn A/c away from me while I practice - - none-stop climate control; but skin and joints started healing abnormally fast; bad news is I have a degenerative disc disease, so big joints affected. But a common bile duct inflammation I had for 3 months started to stop hurting. I also chew on root, as advised, instead of tossing it out of tea. I eat avocados weekly and in my broth, as a topping. Afraid of soy, with hormonal and gmo questions, haven't used soy to cook for years now. Today, my only complaint at camp, is that one nail broke, cut the others to match and now I am sitting, next to my pity, waiting for nails to grow back! May consider changing my strings and practice the basics. Oy! :merci:

Daniel Penalva
Student of the online lessons

Post by Daniel Penalva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:07 am

I use a recipe from my grandma: Purple pine, Arnica and Canfora in liquid alcohol solution. Use as external solution.

Dont know if these herbs are available to you though.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 am

Daniel Penalva wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:07 am
...and Canfora...
? Camphor
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

UKsteve

Post by UKsteve » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:21 am

Aspirin

ashworth

Post by ashworth » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:52 am

Glad to learn about these remedies. Just to throw in another suggestion: I've found ginger root to be a good anti-inflammatory—also a combination of bromelain and quercetin helps.
- Donnie

Daniel Penalva

Post by Daniel Penalva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:29 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:25 am
Daniel Penalva wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:07 am
...and Canfora...
? Camphor
Yes, but the two other are the main ingredients. Purple Pine leaves a is a strong anti-inflammatory and Arnica boosts your tissue recuperation. I will try to find scientific names for these two.

Peskyendeavour

Post by Peskyendeavour » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:22 pm

I have tried and know that turmeric and turmeric root is great anti inflammatory and definitely works.

Though a word of caution for those who are unlucky like me who has arthritis at early age and trying to conceive, anti inflammatoires even herbal ones and what we call natural products rejects implantation and thus you will loose your foetus/embryo. I've found out because I lost two, thinking at first it was just coincidence and continued with herbal anti-inflammatoires.

If you are much older and / or male, then turmeric is very good. Especially this recipe:
Turmeric roots, grated and put with ginger grated and honey and pour over boiling water - makes a lovely tea and good for arthritic joints
Last edited by Peskyendeavour on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daniel Penalva

Post by Daniel Penalva » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Infuses Jatropha gossypiifolia L., Arnica Montana and Canphor in alcohol. 100 percent effective.
It saved the 45 years of jazz drums of my uncle, no physiotherapy could have done anything to him.

Jack Douglas

Post by Jack Douglas » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:59 pm

eno wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm
Hi,
Will you PM the source to order this. Age is catching up.
Thanks,
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:50 am

You might look into CBD oil. My brother recently gave me some to try and I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but my arthritic hip hasn't hurt since ingesting it. The one he got is made from hemp and contains zero THC. Google Lazarus CBD oil. If you decide to try it, start with ingesting one drop a day to see how you feel.

Return to “Public Space”