Metronome för classical guitar ??

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Sasa Durakovic
Student of the online lessons

Metronome för classical guitar ??

Post by Sasa Durakovic » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am

Hello,
I want to say goodbye to everyone! I have a question about metronome, do you use it? Can anyone recommend any good metronome that is not too expensive but useful!
Thanks,
Sasa

BugDog

Re: Metronome för classical guitar ??

Post by BugDog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm

There are several downloads and phone apps for metronomes, most for free. Use your search engine and look for metronome downloads.

Yes I use one. Probably not as much as I should. I don't consider a piece "learned" until I can play it with a metronome.
BugDog
There's one in every crowd.

Hotsoup

Post by Hotsoup » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:25 pm

I don't have too much experience with phone app metronomes aside from the one built into Tunable, which is OK... the physical metronome that I bought a couple years ago is very nice for my purposes though: Seiko SQ70. It might be too expensive though. It has nice sound, visual animation, a big dial, not too complicated.. I love it.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:30 pm

I just got a vintage Franz metronome with the flashing light. I paid 29 dollars for it on the bay. The clicking is much more pleasant that listening to a beep from an electronic one. I bought the same model I had in 1984. It was in like new condition and has a long electrical cord. I just didn't want to spend a lot of money on a strictly mechanical one. The light feature is nice if you want to record as you can shut the clicking off.

andrebraci

Post by andrebraci » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:30 am

I use a metronome app, i think i paid about 5 dollars, the metronome is a essential part of my studies, so the piece can be more under control and them after master it you can put more expressiviness on it.

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:41 pm

BugDog wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:23 pm
... I don't consider a piece "learned" until I can play it with a metronome.
I start learning a piece with the metronome set very slow, and gradually increase it (over a number of days) until it is at the required speed; then I play it without the metronome.

So I don't consider a piece "learned" until I can play it without a metronome!

Hallex

Post by Hallex » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:44 pm

I have one Cherub brand very cheap, but does de Job.

I'm searching for an oldie, mechanical (made in wood - like and old clock) that stays coming from side to side.

I think the new ones lost the charm...

Cheers,

Hallex
J Hallex.'.
Santana do Livramento - RS
Brazil
2b1ask1

ashworth

Post by ashworth » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:07 pm

I use a Wittner MT50 metronome. It is pretty easy to use and makes a pleasant "tock" sound instead of an electronic beep. My only complaint about it is that the calibrated so that there are gaps between the settings (example: instead of jumping from 76 to 80, I would like 76, 77, 78, 79, 80...or at least 76, 78, 80). But this seems to be a characteristic of just about any electronic metronome I've seen.

I've tried metronome phone apps. Some of them are very nice, but I don't like having to hunt down my phone, unlock it, and pull up the app—I'd rather just have a dedicated metronome sitting there ready.
- Donnie

R.V.S.

Post by R.V.S. » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:41 pm

I like the sound of small, portable, mechanical metronomes like the Wittner Taktell Super-Mini.

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Sasa Durakovic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am
Hello,
I want to say goodbye to everyone! I have a question about metronome, do you use it? Can anyone recommend any good metronome that is not too expensive but useful!
Thanks,
Sasa
Since you've already received good advice on obtaining and using a metronome, my question is: Why are you saying goodbye? I always regret seeing members leave a forum!

~Sean

andrebraci

Post by andrebraci » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:00 am

Hallex wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:44 pm
I have one Cherub brand very cheap, but does de Job.

I'm searching for an oldie, mechanical (made in wood - like and old clock) that stays coming from side to side.

I think the new ones lost the charm...

Cheers,

Hallex
i am looking for a old one too! but over here its too expensive

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:00 am

Altophile wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:37 pm
Sasa Durakovic wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 am
Hello,
Thanks,
Sasa
Since you've already received good advice on obtaining and using a metronome, my question is: Why are you saying goodbye? I always regret seeing members leave a forum!

~Sean
I am pretty sure he actually meant "good day". :bye:
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

R.V.S.

Post by R.V.S. » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 pm

One metronome app that really stands out is called Metronomics. It gives you complete control over patterns and sounds. It helps you develop your internal metronome by letting you define how many bars are audible vs inaudible, and it includes an "inspector" mode that records audio and shows you how far off the beat you are.

Return to “Public Space”