Playing Hymns on Classical Guitar

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Altophile

Re: Playing Hymns on Classical Guitar

Post by Altophile » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 pm

souldier wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:37 pm
TheEvan wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 pm
souldier wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:57 pm
Look up "The Faithful Guitarist" with arrangements by Rex Thomas. I find some classical guitar hymn arrangements quite boring and basic, but Rex has very tasteful and musical arrangements that are not too difficult to learn. If you can find one online, snatch it because these seem to be out of print.
Souldier, do you have a listing of the titles?
Yes:
My Jesus, I Love Thee
Only Trust Him
I Love to Tell the Story
Faith of Our Fathers
There is a Fountain
Just As I Am
I Need Thee Every Hour
Blest Be the Tie That Binds
Near the Cross
In the Garden
Sweet Hour of Prayer
More About Jesus

search: the faithful guitarist chandler music on google and it should be the 5th option or so. I would seriously snatch one as they are becoming very hard to find and the arrangements are good quality but are very playable. Most of the songs usually start with an intro and have a key change. They also have tablature for those who don't like reading notes with the suggesting fingering. I purchased mine from Amazon
Hi Souldier,

Do you know of any performances on Youtube or elsewhere? I generally like to hear a couple pieces from an anthology before purchasing, though I may just take the chance on this one in light of your glowing recommendation.

~Sean

souldier

Re: Playing Hymns on Classical Guitar

Post by souldier » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:40 am

Altophile wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 pm
souldier wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:37 pm
TheEvan wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:26 pm

Souldier, do you have a listing of the titles?
Yes:
My Jesus, I Love Thee
Only Trust Him
I Love to Tell the Story
Faith of Our Fathers
There is a Fountain
Just As I Am
I Need Thee Every Hour
Blest Be the Tie That Binds
Near the Cross
In the Garden
Sweet Hour of Prayer
More About Jesus

search: the faithful guitarist chandler music on google and it should be the 5th option or so. I would seriously snatch one as they are becoming very hard to find and the arrangements are good quality but are very playable. Most of the songs usually start with an intro and have a key change. They also have tablature for those who don't like reading notes with the suggesting fingering. I purchased mine from Amazon
Hi Souldier,

Do you know of any performances on Youtube or elsewhere? I generally like to hear a couple pieces from an anthology before purchasing, though I may just take the chance on this one in light of your glowing recommendation.

~Sean
Hey Sean, currently I don't know of any. Maybe if I have time I can record something and put it up. Considering how inexpensive it is, you wouldn't be taking too much risk. If I post anything I'll be sure to let you know.

Sheldon
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

Return to “Public Space”