Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
asouza
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 am

Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by asouza » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 am

Hello, everyone.

I am a countertenor from Brazil. I am looking for music to do a recital.

Could someone give me some suggestions about baroque pieces written or arranged for voice and guitar? Furthermore, could you help me to know how to find them.

Thank you very much in advance!
Antonio Souza

randalljazz
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm
Location: anchorage, alaska

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by randalljazz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 am

gsp guitar has a large selection of sheet music for voice and guitar.
"Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we still are just able to endure, and we are are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us." -- Ranier Maria Rilke

gilles T
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:11 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by gilles T » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:09 am

Hello asouza,

Check this page with lots of free scores to download (scroll down to "voice and guitar") : http://earlyguitar.ning.com/page/scores-1

You can also search for the enormous french repertory from the early baroque (1590-1620) known as "Airs de cour". The songs are written for voice and lute but many of them can transfer to the baroque guitar. Composers like Pierre Guédron, Etienne Mouliné or Michel Lambert wrote many works in this style, which can be considered as the french counterpart of the famous "lute songs" by the likes of Dowland.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Gilles

Mickmac
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 am

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by Mickmac » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:13 am

I'd also check out the Dowland lute songs by covered Peter Pears and Julian Bream. There are several examples of performances by them on youtube . Not countertenor music explicitly but lovely none the less.

asouza
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 am

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by asouza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:33 pm

randalljazz wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:02 am
gsp guitar has a large selection of sheet music for voice and guitar.
Thanks a lot! :)
Antonio Souza

asouza
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 am

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by asouza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:34 pm

gilles T wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:09 am
Hello asouza,

Check this page with lots of free scores to download (scroll down to "voice and guitar") : http://earlyguitar.ning.com/page/scores-1

You can also search for the enormous french repertory from the early baroque (1590-1620) known as "Airs de cour". The songs are written for voice and lute but many of them can transfer to the baroque guitar. Composers like Pierre Guédron, Etienne Mouliné or Michel Lambert wrote many works in this style, which can be considered as the french counterpart of the famous "lute songs" by the likes of Dowland.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Gilles
Thank you so much!!
Antonio Souza

asouza
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:46 am

Re: Baroque Music for voice and guitar

Post by asouza » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Mickmac wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:13 am
I'd also check out the Dowland lute songs by covered Peter Pears and Julian Bream. There are several examples of performances by them on youtube . Not countertenor music explicitly but lovely none the less.
Thank you very much! I will check it out.
Antonio Souza

Return to “Public Space”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], David Crooks, Gary Macleod, LukeMarsden, pasigenyo, ThomasW and 22 guests