Old NGD!

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Jeffrey Armbruster

Old NGD!

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:41 pm

I took my Takamine in to Jon Mello, a luthier and friend who lives about a mile away, just to have the action lowered. I very rarely play this guitar because my other guitar is much better, but also because it's action was a bit high. Because of that I also resisted using it as a travel guitar--it was hard to play. Jon shaved the saddle and voila! It plays like a dream, just like my Spruce! took him about five minutes. Why I didn't do this years ago is...due to my slow thinking.

Now I can test the infamous 'does a guitar wake up after not being played' theory.
Last edited by Jeffrey Armbruster on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

fast eddie

Re: Old NGD!

Post by fast eddie » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:40 am

I live in a small town in Mississippi and there is only one music store and it's totally devoted to steel string and electrics. Very nice people but they don't carry much for classicals. I believe that a repair shop lies about 30 miles away, but don't know anything about them. From their web page, looks like another steel string/ electric paradise. So count your blessings if there is a Luthier near you.
Fast Eddie
Cordoba C 10 Cedar
1974 Hernandis

Return to “Public Space”