Need help identifying a piece

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Vincent Tan

Need help identifying a piece

Post by Vincent Tan » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 am

Hello fellow!

I was coursing through the net having my fix of Pavel Steidl and stumbled upon this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y6QzSrK31k

would anyone be familiar with the 1st piece he is playing here? I am guessing Coste or perhaps Legnani but I think someone here might recognize it. I've been looking for short pieces from the 19th century for my repertoire to add to short program performances. I ended up buying the complete works of Fernando Sor in 11 volumes and the Paganini Rugerro Chiesa editions. Have been on the process of listening and reading up on the wonderful works but so much more listening work to do! This one on the video seems to be light and playful and relatively easy piece that can be perfect to fill spaces in a program for some light relief.

On the side note, Pavel sounds good on that Simplicio!

Guido

Re: Need help identifying a piece

Post by Guido » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Not able to help you but I'll give this thread a bump.. Have you seen how nicely he tidied up his strings...:O

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Vincent Tan wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:04 am
On the side note, Pavel sounds good on that Simplicio!
Yes, it's a nice sounding guitar. I heard him play it at West Dean this year. I don't know what the piece is though :(
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:57 pm

I really enjoyed the first piece. I would like to know if a score is available so I can get it.

Vincent Tan

Post by Vincent Tan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Ok guys, I found out what it was by chance. It is a Mazurka from J.K. Mertz's Bardenklange. I was skimming through the book and recognized it this morning.

Return to “Public Space”