Weiss Treasure Trove

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
soltirefa

Weiss Treasure Trove

Post by soltirefa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 pm

I Googled "s.l. weiss krause pdf" and the second search result that says, "Weiss guitar transcriptions | Sylvius Leopold Weiss - ВКонтакте" has an unbelievable amount of info/pdfs of Weiss. I'm slack-jawed at how much.

Altophile

Re: Weiss Treasure Trove

Post by Altophile » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 am

soltirefa wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 pm
I Googled "s.l. weiss krause pdf" and the second search result that says, "Weiss guitar transcriptions | Sylvius Leopold Weiss - ВКонтакте" has an unbelievable amount of info/pdfs of Weiss. I'm slack-jawed at how much.
Most if not all of that music is under copyright, so if that site allows you to simply download PDFs of the music, then they're doing it without permission, I'm quite sure.

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:06 am

Most if not all of that music is under copyright, so if that site allows you to simply download PDFs of the music, then they're doing it without permission, I'm quite sure.
Not all, but some for sure. At least it shows recordings and arrangements that are available, then you can go to legit places to obtain them.

Alain Cloutier

Post by Alain Cloutier » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:19 pm

soltirefa wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:06 am
Not all, but some for sure. At least it shows recordings and arrangements that are available, then you can go to legit places to obtain them.
Following your search, Glen, I stumbled on that site where all the transcriptions are free and where there are a lot of Weiss' complete sonatas.

http://www.forrestguitarensembles.co.uk/solos.html

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Following your search, Glen, I stumbled on that site where all the transcriptions are free and where there are a lot of Weiss' complete sonatas.
Hi Alain,

Yeah, I stumbled on that myself. Unbelievable how many sonatas he has.

Return to “Public Space”