If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
guitarrista

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by guitarrista » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 am

Sorry - by "publicly" I meant as part of the comments that people see, i.e. not just as a private email to this person.

But you are way too polite indeed, as bear says - if I were you I would do as he says - make a clear claim and a request the way he phrases it. I don't know exactly whom from you tube to write to in addition to posting a public comment, but others should be able to let you know.
Konstantin
--
1982 Anselmo Solar Gonzalez

AndreiKrylov

Re: If someone used your recordings, mentioned your name, but claim that he recorded it himself - what would you do?

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 am

guitarrista wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:47 am
Sorry - by "publicly" I meant as part of the comments that people see, i.e. not just as a private email to this person.

But you are way too polite indeed, as bear says - if I were you I would do as he says - make a clear claim and a request the way he phrases it. I don't know exactly whom from you tube to write to in addition to posting a public comment, but others should be able to let you know.
then it is probably OK because I put many comments with correct information and video itself says that work of Andrei Krylov used in it. Description of video is strange and not true, but everybody could see my(proper because of your help) comments on video with explanation.
Maybe that is the best way in this case??
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 am

Oh I see you prefer to leave it there but just fix the attribution.

Something like "While I am flattered that people are enjoying my music, I do not appreciate "phpdev67" claiming the recordings are their own, from a 'note-for-note transcription'. The music in this video is my own actual recorded music. I request that the video description be changed immediately to reflect the truth that the video uses my original recordings from my albums. My full albums are available at [....]"
Konstantin
--

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 am

guitarrista wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 am
Oh I see you prefer to leave it there but just fix the attribution.

Something like "While I am flattered that people are enjoying my music, I do not appreciate "phpdev67" claiming the recordings are their own, from a 'note-for-note transcription'. The music in this video is my own actual recorded music. I request that the video description be changed immediately to reflect the truth that the video uses my original recordings from my albums. My full albums are available at [....]"
I changed little bit and posted it.
Thanks!

While I am flattered that people are enjoying my music, and I really like this video, I do not appreciate "phpdev67" claiming the recordings are their own, from a 'note-for-note transcription'. The music in this video is my own actual recorded music. I request that the video description be changed immediately to reflect the truth that the video uses my original recordings from my albums. Please listen full albums of Andrei Krylov on Spotify , Applemusic, Deezer etc. Thanks !
I'd better speak by music...Please listen my guitar at Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc.

guitarrista

Post by guitarrista » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:18 am

:bravo:
Konstantin
--

Stickyhead

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 am

One problem I see is that you made comments as far back as 10 months ago thanking people for the kind words about you music. This gives the impression that you were ok with this guy using you music. That could be used against you.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:00 am

Stickyhead wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 am
One problem I see is that you made comments as far back as 10 months ago thanking people for the kind words about you music. This gives the impression that you were ok with this guy using you music. That could be used against you.
used against me? what do you mean?
Yes I like this video...and I am happy that people love the music..
It is probably not difficult to remove it from youtube, but again - I like this video...and I am happy that people love the music.. .
I did it before, when someone published video with my music on youtube and claimed that it was her music.
Youtube removed her video almost immediately.
This is different case. It says that music is mine...
and at first I did not really look what else in description (these claims about his father etc.)
I understood that his father played my music...and later it occurred to me what he claimed.
but 10 months?
I published this music 10 years ago...or more...
It just will be nice to have good and pleasant resolution to this...

Once around 14 years ago Time magazine used my music on their website, with no permission...in nice video (about Russia)
I sent them emails even spoke by phone... - they did nothing and paid nothing...
I ask lawyer to call them - after that it was immediately resolved and I been paid...

Stickyhead

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 am

I agree it is a nice video and you deserve recognition for the music being yours as you are a great artist. All I mean by " used against you " is if you want it removed or anything they can claim you knew about this video 10 months ago and it wasn't a problem at that time why after so long do you want it removed.

Youtube may side with you and come to an agreement. Let's hope they do the right thing.

Tom Poore

Post by Tom Poore » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am

Mr. Krylov, this discussion piqued my curiosity. I visited the video you’re referring to. The person who posted it is indeed claiming that he and his father made the recordings. Such blatant fraud irritates me. So I just posted a comment on his video pointing out his fraudulent claim. I also posted a link to one of your own YouTube videos that’s identical to one of the pieces claimed by the fraudulent poster. (I was able to play both videos simultaneously—they’re obviously the same.)

I regret that you’re a victim of someone shamelessly claiming your work as his own. Perhaps if more people respond as I did, this person will be exposed for the fraud he is.

By the way, some years ago I happened across an unknown classical guitarist’s website that caught my ear. Going through his audio samples, I recognized an old recording by John Williams, which the website guitarist claimed as his own. I sent him an e-mail politely pointing out his “mistake.” He never replied, but shortly thereafter the Williams sample quietly disappeared from his website.

Fraud touches even the best players. So you’re in good company.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA

ddray

Post by ddray » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 am

This is one of the downsides of the Digital Age, I guess: actual working musicians and composers are so easily ripped off. I hope you can get the video taken down if you don't get full credit for your work.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am

I am not sure I can add much to the suggestions about what comments you should leave, but I DO think it appropriate to comment now on just how lovely the music is and your playing is very sensitive. Bravo Andrei!!!

Sean Eric Howard

Post by Sean Eric Howard » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:44 pm

I'd say a first class asskicking is in order.
"Besides, this criticism of Segovia is pointless. If you disagree with what Segovia did, take that energy and go out and do something positive. Otherwise, shut up." - Eliot Fisk

Stickyhead

Post by Stickyhead » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:54 pm

Andrei first let me apologize for my earlier post and clear up the misunderstanding, I was on my tablet when I was first watched this video and it had looked liked you had known about and commented on the video 10 months ago, I see now that all your comments were recent.

It also looks like this phpdev67 guy has removed all comments that you have have posted pointing out his false claims. You may indeed have a good chance of having this removed.

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Tom Poore wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 am
Mr. Krylov, this discussion piqued my curiosity. I visited the video you’re referring to. The person who posted it is indeed claiming that he and his father made the recordings. Such blatant fraud irritates me. So I just posted a comment on his video pointing out his fraudulent claim. I also posted a link to one of your own YouTube videos that’s identical to one of the pieces claimed by the fraudulent poster. (I was able to play both videos simultaneously—they’re obviously the same.)

I regret that you’re a victim of someone shamelessly claiming your work as his own. Perhaps if more people respond as I did, this person will be exposed for the fraud he is.

By the way, some years ago I happened across an unknown classical guitarist’s website that caught my ear. Going through his audio samples, I recognized an old recording by John Williams, which the website guitarist claimed as his own. I sent him an e-mail politely pointing out his “mistake.” He never replied, but shortly thereafter the Williams sample quietly disappeared from his website.

Fraud touches even the best players. So you’re in good company.

Tom Poore
South Euclid, OH
USA
Thanks a lot, Tom!
But he probably removed your post.. I could not find it there.. could you please post it here too ?
and then I will copy it in my post , because I see that some my posts are still there..
Thanks again!

AndreiKrylov

Post by AndreiKrylov » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

here is couple of my songs (in my albums) from this video for recording/sound comparison :
1. first piece in video
http://www.deezer.com/en/track/96678998
2. last piece in video
http://www.deezer.com/en/track/83252756

Youtube

Return to “Public Space”