Local Classical Guitar and Lute Societies

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Craig McCallum
Student of the online lessons

Re: Local Classical Guitar and Lute Societies

Post by Craig McCallum » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 am

doralikesmath wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 pm
I'm wondering if there is any classical guitar society or club in Edinburgh, Scotland? The final year of the degree is stressfully coming and I'm trying to find a club to give myself a good reason to leave the house/office during this rainny summer time :D
Hi Dora - did you find anything about a local Edinburgh society? I've not found any reference to a society as such, but I've found that there are a couple of ensembles for classical guitarists in town (not what I'm looking for at the moment, but thought the links might be useful for you).

www.accidentals.org.uk - Edinburgh Uni based classical guitar ensemble
emgo.org.uk - Edinburgh Guitar & Mandolin Orchestra

malc laney

Post by malc laney » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

it would be nice if someone from South London UK set something up , as my fingers are going rusty?

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Craig McCallum wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 am
doralikesmath wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:55 pm
I'm wondering if there is any classical guitar society or club in Edinburgh, Scotland? The final year of the degree is stressfully coming and I'm trying to find a club to give myself a good reason to leave the house/office during this rainny summer time :D
Hi Dora - did you find anything about a local Edinburgh society? I've not found any reference to a society as such, but I've found that there are a couple of ensembles for classical guitarists in town (not what I'm looking for at the moment, but thought the links might be useful for you).

www.accidentals.org.uk - Edinburgh Uni based classical guitar ensemble
emgo.org.uk - Edinburgh Guitar & Mandolin Orchestra
Hi Craig,
Thanks a lot for the info. I don't really fancy the idea of guitar ensemble though...
Raimundo 148 Cedar
L. T. An Guitar C150 Spruce
Takamine G128 Spruce

Return to “Public Space”