What are you learning at the moment?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
80guitarguy

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by 80guitarguy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 am

Pau de Chuva (Paulo Bellinati) - a very gentle and beautiful piece
80guitarguy
Ramirez 130 Años Cedar
Savarez 500CR NT
============================================================

tcee

Post by tcee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 am

This version of the Game of Thrones title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuUsrDmCQ0
And Napoléon Costes Barcarolle.

RHSOldboy

Post by RHSOldboy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:40 am

"Cancao Triste" by Edson Lopez. A truly beautiful piece of music.

vinnyob22

Post by vinnyob22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:42 am

Polishing up two short but beautiful pieces, Endecha y Oremus by Tarrega. Just started with Un Dia de Noviembre (Brouwer).

corius

Post by corius » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:19 am

I'm starting lessons again soon, but for the last couple of weeks have been refreshing my memory with Calatuyud simple pieces, and that good old anonymous favourite Romanza.

I look at the Grade 6 pieces I use to play 10 years ago and wonder how I ever managed them

MattPM

Post by MattPM » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:22 am

Still working my through Sor's Op 60.

Evocacion

Post by Evocacion » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:31 pm

tcee wrote:This version of the Game of Thrones title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuUsrDmCQ0
Lots of version of GoT theme out there - personally, I prefer the Jonas Leftvert version. It's available as tabs, and I have it about half converted into a score. Must finish that this year!

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:02 pm

vinnyob22 wrote:Polishing up two short but beautiful pieces, Endecha y Oremus by Tarrega. Just started with Un Dia de Noviembre (Brouwer).
All three are amazing compositions. But I'm dedicating most of my time to Sor's Opus 60 so I'm slowly "forgetting" other composers :(...
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

vinnyob22

Post by vinnyob22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
vinnyob22 wrote:Polishing up two short but beautiful pieces, Endecha y Oremus by Tarrega. Just started with Un Dia de Noviembre (Brouwer).
All three are amazing compositions. But I'm dedicating most of my time to Sor's Opus 60 so I'm slowly "forgetting" other composers :(...
They all are amazing compositions indeed! I recently learned that Oremus is actually a transcription of the second section of Robert Schumann's "Phantasietanz", op. 124, no. 5. They are at opposite ends of the tempo spectrum with original piano piece marked "very fast" while the guitar transcription is marked "very slow", giving very different effects. I prefer the "very slow" guitar, but I could just be biased! :D

That is a great project, working through Sor's Opus 60. I have worked through one, 60/22, which i really enjoyed. I do have my eyes on 60/23 to start in the not too distant future.

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:21 pm

vinnyob22 wrote: That is a great project, working through Sor's Opus 60. I have worked through one, 60/22, which i really enjoyed. I do have my eyes on 60/23 to start in the not too distant future.
Hi vinnyob22. Thank you for your comment on Sor's Opus 60 Project :D. Why don't you join this Project? You would be most welcome. Just post in the Topic records of the pieces you have already learned and I'll make an entry for you in the table of posted records. You don't have to start with the first piece, you know...
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

Jstanley01

Post by Jstanley01 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:22 am

Bodhi wrote:
Jstanley01 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:Learning Vidalita Con Variaciones and Oracion by Barrios, Pachelbel's Canon D Kindgren's transcription, Dowland Lachrimae Pavan Emilio Pujol Transcription and trying it without Capo!
I'm learning Canon D myself, although this gentleman's arrangement is a little more my speed than Kindgren's at this point... https://youtu.be/G_vNTve8iDo

Also Segovia's Sor Study No. 6... https://youtu.be/4sc6-C_T4qw
Best of luck with the Canon D. Do you know what guitar is being played in the video? Also once you have mastered this version I don't think you will find it a big stretch to play Kindgren's version or Dirk *** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***'s beautiful version so masterfully played by Michael Marc here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5MuLI6Plf-Y
Sorry for not answering for so long, I have been out of pocket, moving to a differenct city and settling into a new place. Thanks for the link to Marc's version. I've downloaded his sheet music and I like it.
Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. -W.C. Fields

tcee

Post by tcee » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Evocacion wrote:
tcee wrote:This version of the Game of Thrones title track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLuUsrDmCQ0
Lots of version of GoT theme out there - personally, I prefer the Jonas Leftvert version. It's available as tabs, and I have it about half converted into a score. Must finish that this year!
Nice version.

My personal favorite is Paul Quinn's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCQYRW2hok
But it is far beyond my scope yet.

vinnyob22

Post by vinnyob22 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
vinnyob22 wrote: That is a great project, working through Sor's Opus 60. I have worked through one, 60/22, which i really enjoyed. I do have my eyes on 60/23 to start in the not too distant future.
Hi vinnyob22. Thank you for your comment on Sor's Opus 60 Project :D. Why don't you join this Project? You would be most welcome. Just post in the Topic records of the pieces you have already learned and I'll make an entry for you in the table of posted records. You don't have to start with the first piece, you know...
Thanks Jorge, I justed posted in the project!

cedartop

Post by cedartop » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Ponce Prelude in E, Narvaez' variations on Guardame las Vacas and Ya se asiente.
2011 Traphagen Cedar Doubletop

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Agustin Barrios - Vals Op. 8 No. 3
19 classical guitars, 1 digital piano - no TV, no radio

Return to “Public Space”