What are you learning at the moment?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
unicornio

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by unicornio » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 am

exercises 41-45 Frederick Noad Solo Guitar Lessons. Realized not to go too fast and take Freds advice in the beginning of the book. Just sitting on these couple of pages working on the right hand fingerings. Probably continually revise lessons as I slowly progresd.

These few lessons are not too easy or hard, but need much improvement.

spanishguitarmusic

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:43 am

I am currently learning a version of the Malaguena. :)

StGeorge

Post by StGeorge » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:13 am

I am learning more and more how to appreciate what I am able to do with this instrument, just as I understand that it will not last forever. 8)
StGeorge, Slayer of Dragons.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:56 pm

I need to get to read music better, and I started learning the first pieces of op. 44 by Fernando Sor. It's going slowly though, not yet being able to play even the first one well...

Gwynedd

Post by Gwynedd » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 am

I'm working my way doggedly through Carulli op.241. I'm playing six months (adult student) and find the music easy on the ears and pleasurable. Also going through the RCM Bridges. On 1, heading for 2 soon, I hope.

Jorge Oliveira

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:21 am

Luuttuaja wrote:I need to get to read music better, and I started learning the first pieces of op. 44 by Fernando Sor. It's going slowly though, not yet being able to play even the first one well...
The pieces of Opus 44 are not introductory ones. And you are by yourself, Luuttuaja, which makes things a bit more difficult. I invite you to join the Project Let’s learn Sor’s Opus 60 together, shall we?. Beyond the fact that Opus 60 (also with 25 pieces) was specifically designed by Fernando Sor, already late in his life, as an introduction to the guitar for his students, you will benefit from advice and positive critic from those of us who are in the Project and have already posted sound files of some of its little and beautiful pieces.
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

Dekselsedek

Post by Dekselsedek » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:28 pm

My son (almost 2), poked my eye yesterday which has rendered me blind in 1 eye for a day. The other is not much use as I keep incontrollably squinting it because of the tearing. Oh, and it hurts.
So I have been practicing rodrigos invocacion y danza (Pepe Romero version) for a few months now and practicing the piece blind is really a nice challenge. I can not play the intro as beautiful as normally. But practice on the jumps in the danza sections is a lot of fun. I hope to share something soon.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:The pieces of Opus 44 are not introductory ones. And you are by yourself, Luuttuaja, which makes things a bit more difficult. I invite you to join the Project Let’s learn Sor’s Opus 60 together, shall we?. Beyond the fact that Opus 60 (also with 25 pieces) was specifically designed by Fernando Sor, already late in his life, as an introduction to the guitar for his students, you will benefit from advice and positive critic from those of us who are in the Project and have already posted sound files of some of its little and beautiful pieces.
Thanks for inviting me to the group, Jorge! I actually happen to have the op. 60 as sheet music and yes, they might suit me well as they are introductory studies. But I forgot to mention that I started taking lessons with a teacher and the op.44 no.1 is what I will play to my teacher in a couple of days. I have already learned reading the notes much better, since that piece uses a good number of notes in C major. I will need to practice a lot more to get some nice music out of those notes, though.

I will soon have a summer break in my guitar lessons, and perhaps then op 60 would be a good choice to get into. Perhaps I feel a bit shy still to post some video/audio on this forum, but let's see how it goes. Anyway, really, thanks for suggesting me this, I will surely try op. 60 sooner or later. :)

TC Bauer

Post by TC Bauer » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Tocatta and Fugue. About have the tocatta down but the fugue is a challenge!
TC Bauer

andreas777

Post by andreas777 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:03 am

I practice and memorize my last two Barrios pieces, first Las Abejas (until end of next week) and then one of my favorites, Choro de Saudade (until end of this month). :casque:
20 classical guitars, soon 21 :-D, 1 digital piano - no TV, no radio

rg.2714

Post by rg.2714 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:55 am

Working in Merlin's Suite del recuerdo. My long term project however is koyunbaba by Domeniconi.. I'm taking it slow with koyunbaba. I really want to enjoy every second of learning it.

Kspence

Post by Kspence » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Currently learning Scarlatti Sonata in A k322, and I am back and forth on learning Carnival of Venice For Tarregas variation. I am completely stuck on the "walking" type base line along with the chords being played in the mix at the same time. (Starts a 2:57 on the YouTube video played by Pepe Romero)

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 pm

a lot of Scott Joplin, since it's the centennial of his death. (edit, wrong thread)

Ikon

Post by Ikon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:37 am

Romanza

DanManGuitar

Post by DanManGuitar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

I'm working through the Pumping Nylon repertoire, while finishing up the K. Minami version of Chopin's Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2. Occasionally I might learn a few more measures of the Bach Chaconne. It's not a big priority, since I'm still just a student, but it would be a nice addition to my repertoire and learning experience, plus the technical challenges are fun to tackle.

Return to “Public Space”