Any Carles Trepat fans here?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Peskyendeavour

Re: Any Carles Trepat fans here?

Post by Peskyendeavour » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:56 am

Yes, absolutely love Carles Trepat.
The recitals are wonderful to listen to - again and again...
Great musician and a guitar hero of mine.

Peskyendeavour

Post by Peskyendeavour » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am

Francisco wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:55 pm
... by the very talented Romanian singer Maria Raducanu in a filmed live performance for a French program called “Mezzo Voce” by Mareterraniu Productions. Maria performed on this program in 2009, accompanied by a Swedish guitarist, a Canadian contrabassist, and a German percussionist in a kind of intimate, living room-like setting. Very nicely done. You can find it by searching for “Los Piconeros - the beauty of Maria's voice” inside youtube.
Or, if you want to see the entire performance by Maria on that show, it is freely available in the website of the producer itself, here: http://www.mareterraniu.com/?p=Mezzo-Vo ... a-Raducanu.
!
I really enjoyed the whole of that programme, thanks Francisco!
Do you know all the songs to list them by name? I'm interested in the repertoire and don't know where to start to look. A number of those songs are so moving. Great performance. If you know the programme is listed somewhere I'd be delighted to see it.

Thanks again!

Francisco

Post by Francisco » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:19 am

Peskyendeavour wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:06 am
I really enjoyed the whole of that programme, thanks Francisco!
Do you know all the songs to list them by name? I'm interested in the repertoire and don't know where to start to look. A number of those songs are so moving. Great performance. If you know the programme is listed somewhere I'd be delighted to see it.

Thanks again!
I am not familiar with the rest of the songs, except the first one a little bit, Anjo inútil, a fado that the queen of fado (Amália Rodrigues) used to sing. The title means "useless angel". The others I did not recognize at all, except for Los piconeros. Someone posted the entire performance on youtube [search for Maria Raducanu Quartet - Mezzo Voce full concert] and one of the comments contains the program, which is as follows:

01. Anjo inútil 1:51
02. Bun îi vinul ghiurghiuliu 7:50
03. Nana 14:02
04. Trenule, masina mica 17:55
05. Los piconeros 23:56
06. Un tigan avea o casa 28:16
07. Cristina 34:55
08. Trei focuri 40:13
09. Sur un air de guitarre 47:0

I hope this will help in researching the history of these songs.
Cheers
Francisco
Yamaha GC42S

Peskyendeavour

Post by Peskyendeavour » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Wow, Thank you Francisco!
Exactly the stuff to start the search.

Return to “Public Space”