Sheet music notation software

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
Paul

Re: Sheet music notation software

Postby Paul » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:31 am

Aaron wrote:Actually, I just found out that MuseScore is already able to do grace note chords! You can create it by selecting the note head of a single grace note. Next, build a chord by using SHIFT + [letter name of note] to add the new note(s).

Very good!

musescore.png

Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul

Postby Paul » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 am

By the way, after reading through the standard notation practice which I posted a link for here viewtopic.php?f=101&t=51621&view=unread#p559706 , it seems that creating three slurs between the chords is not advised, so all the effort for creating these slurs in Lilypond was unnecessary.

Paul

Aaron

Postby Aaron » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Fair enough, although I'm not so convinced. I think the slurs in this case are more effective. One should always be hesitant to go against the rules, but the rules are not their to be dogmatic either, they are guidelines. The goal is whatever is the best communication.

cedartop

Postby cedartop » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 pm

cpierce wrote:Before you BUY music software, I suggest that you tryout MuseScore It is FREE and it is great!

Thanks for the recommendation. I tried it and it works just great!
2011 Traphagen Cedar Doubletop

2handband

Postby 2handband » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:35 pm

I've been using Musesore mostly. I have Guitar Pro as well and it's still a better tab editor but Musescore is better at everything else and closing the tab gap quickly.

Return to “Composers' Workshop”