Thank you! Notation software

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
cmeg1

Thank you! Notation software

Post by cmeg1 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:10 pm

I have not had much to say for a couple years,and I see this mentioned elsewhere in this forum,but I am really digging Notion for IPad.
I would definately recommend this to anyone who has perhaps completed their first classical guitar method and wants to start composing their own music for guitar.A breakdown of interval quality and quantity and to visualize them on the fretboard would be helpful too.
That is the boat I was in.I never had the ability to play back through audio ,the score, what I wanted to write to make sure it was properly notated.Was not 100% confident about accuracy when writing by hand.
With Notion for IPad ,when I encounter difficulty ,I eventually figure it out with help of the correction and audio playback feature and learn considerably faster.Not to mention the ability to store a high quality sound file and PDFs of the score in ICloud Drive.
My first score was done completely from the app and was a great accomplishment ,although quite uninteresting,but saved ,given a title and subtitle and composer credit to be saved forever.
I am going about my second score a bit different.Composing with the guitar in hand and trying to really exploit the guitar as best I can.This will be a song of different passages,hence ideas I frequently discover on the classical guitar,although are fleeting because I never notated them in the past and got them organized. :contrat:
Anyway,thanks for looking :merci:
A really great app!

Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: Thank you! Notation software

Post by Vito Simplicio » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, the ability to audio replay has been a lifesaver for me too.

Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum

cmeg1

Re: Thank you! Notation software

Post by cmeg1 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:37 pm

As long as I don't look at anyone else's music ,I'm good :chaud: Ha

Return to “Composers' Workshop”