Just noticed that years that Purcell was born and died are anagrammatic, 1659 & 1695. This has nothing to do with the piece, probably says a lot about me, I guess.pogmoor wrote:Well, here's what I would do with it:
...And this is how I go about it:
1) Import the original pdf into PhotoScore and read it (which it does perfectly as it is a clear and simple score).
2) Export to Sibelius where it opens on a grand staff, just like the original.
3) Add a guitar staff and paste in each part separately.
4) Delete the grand staff, so all the music is in the guitar staff.
5) Notice that the range of the music is too great for the guitar, so drop part 1 by an octave.
6) Tidy up by dropping 1;4 part 2 by an octave; ditto 9;1 and 11;4**
7) ...And there, you have your arrangement!
**(here I'm using the convention of designating the position in a measure by counting the number of notes/chords irrespective of their duration)
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests