Forum anniversary compositions invited

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Forum anniversary compositions invited

Post by GeoffB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:11 am

An idea for our composers:

The forum will be coming up to its 10th anniversary in June, and we'll be inviting members nearer the time to celebrate this by making the 1st day of June special with a lively outburst of extra activity, recordings and new compositions. Any compositions posted on that day will be welcome, of course, but it would be even more apt if some of our composers would like to try their hand at composing one or more new pieces specifically in celebration of the forum anniversary, either individually or as a team effort, to post on that day, with or without an accompanying recording.

Anyone interested in rising to the challenge? The more the better!

Thanks in anticipation,

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Max Karios

Re: Forum anniversary compositions invited

Post by Max Karios » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 pm

Difficult timing for me due to a relocation. I may not even have network access around the beginning of June.

As for original compositions, the name Delcamp isn't easy to turn into a theme. d-e-*-c-a-*-* leaves some places unresolved. Does anyone have an idea what to do with the characters l, m, and p? GeoffB would be slightly easier. The o in the middle could be a wild card that can take any pitch.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Interesting idea, Max, though I'm not the one you're supposed to be celebrating! :wink:

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:17 am

Hi Geoff, what a great idea. Makes me wish I could compose (sadly I don't have that sort of Talent).

As an extension to this idea, it would be great if some of the talented composers could write tunes for different skill levels (say Beginner, Intermediate & Open). That way everyone could have a play irrespective of their personal skill level. Assuming you like this idea, perhaps 3 folders could be setup for the three levels?

Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers,
Paul

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 am

Thanks for the idea, Paul. I'm not sure we can justify extra folders as yet, though if composers wish to indicate which level their compositions fall into we could maybe consider posting some sort of index with a list of links to works at each of the levels.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Joey Grimaldi

Post by Joey Grimaldi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:49 pm

I see that I'm quite late on this having just joined the forum but I'm a fairly good composer for the guitar I'd like to submit something if the opportunity is still available

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks for the kind offer, Joey, but I'm afraid the celebrations are now finished. You're welcome, of course, to post your compositions here in the usual way.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Composers' Workshop”