How does one make a youtube video with score?

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
JMinkey

How does one make a youtube video with score?

Post by JMinkey » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 am

I have wondered this for a while, and now I am actually thinking of making this style of video. I would like to know the easiest way to do this, and any tips are must appreciated. Due to my most likely confusing wording, I have included a youtube video in this style (with a beautiful piece as well!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswBfSu ... e=youtu.be
Thank you for any help; it is much appreciated!

drew p

Re: How does one make a youtube video with score?

Post by drew p » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:53 am

I have a program that can screen cap videos called ink2go i think? Then export the audio from the notation program, then stick them together in imovie. Example can be seen here

Youtube

if you just want stills (and no "play along" thing) you just need screen shots of the music, an audio file, and the patience to pinpoint how long each section of the sheet music lasts. Imovie or any other basic video editing software can handle this

Return to “Composers' Workshop”