Mendelssohn, Felix - op.19/06 Barcarola Veniziana - D07

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
homayoonsaleh

Mendelssohn, Felix - op.19/06 Barcarola Veniziana - D07

Post by homayoonsaleh » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:41 pm

Dear All,
There are easier arrangements for this lovely piece, but in my opinion this one could be the best transcription for guitar by Francisco Tarrega.
Happy Guitar
Homayoun
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cardamomo

Post by cardamomo » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:48 pm

Hey Homayoonsaleh,
what a sensitive touch those (harmonics?) in the end!
Thank you very much for this post. :casque: :bravo: :okok:

Cardamomo

tomc

Post by tomc » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:14 pm

Boy I haven't heard that in a long time. Very nicely done. Thanks! :)

rhang

Post by rhang » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:38 pm

That was beautiful. You make it sound so easy when it's not. Thanks.

-Rey

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:47 pm

Marvelous Homayoun, the harmonics are so beautifully played. Thank you. :applauso: :ouioui:

Russ :)

angel-of-music

tnx

Post by angel-of-music » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:09 pm

That was wonderful! I really enjoyed listening to it.
you have always wonderful surprises for us. :mouton:
thank you so much.

BobM

Post by BobM » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:25 am

Hi Homayoun,

I didn't know you have posted "gondola veneciana" here! In any case let me express my admiration for a wonderful job you did here! I love that piece! Bravo!

Bob

@angel-of-music:

Hi roshanak,
I tried to send you email but it doesn't work I get a message back that it is not accepted. Just to tell you that I love your MP3 too!

kwinto

Post by kwinto » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:44 pm

Another excelllent post! Thanks!
I, in general, find harmonics hard to play, do you have any tips on how to get them sounding clear?
Thanks again

BobM

Post by BobM » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:09 am

Hi kwinto,

Harmonics are best produced when they are in the middle of the string! That means that once you place a finger on a fret, it shortens the string so if the harmonic (specially the artificial ones) is plucked let's say at a 5th fret, you should move your hand towards the bridge as many frets...What I mean is the more towards the bridge you pluck and the more that aproaches the half of the string from the point the harmonic is plucked, the clearer it will sound...I hope I haven't said anything wrong! In any case, it works for me!

Happy guitar!

Bob

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:40 am

Thank you Bob for your accurate explanation. There is a law of physics behind your explanation, but I am not an expert on the science.!

Happy Guitar
Homayoun

kwinto

Post by kwinto » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:58 am

Playing closer to the bridge has helped loads, thanks!

rjr1022

Post by rjr1022 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:38 am

wow, all i can say is wow, and that everyday i am amazed at the varieties in classical guitar pieces.

it is a wonderful instrument, and Homayoun you do it proud !!!

rj

BalO

Post by BalO » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:55 pm

Wonderful playing m8, keep those mp3z comming and let us enjoy!

Russell

Felix Mendelssohn: Gondola Veneciana - Tarrega

Post by Russell » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:25 am

Hi Homayoun, I was wondering about this score. In the collection of Tarrega here on the forum I cannot find this title, is it called another name, or translation? Or, is it a separate score, and if it is, can I have a copy?

Many thanks,

Russ :)

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:28 am

Hi dear Russel,
it is composed by Felix Mendelssohn and my version is transcribed by Tarrega and the fingering is by Savio. that is why it is not found among Tarrega's compositions.
anyway, i would be gald to send you a copy. please just send me your e-mail address. you may find mine in my profile.
Happy Guitar
Homayoun

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”