Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/02 Cataluña - D12

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
jeff carter

Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/02 Cataluña - D12

Post by jeff carter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:23 pm

Still a bit rough, especially that darned fast section. In the spirit of Hav, I'll try recording again after putting some more work into it, and hopefully I can make similiar strides. :)

TIA,
--Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarods

Post by jarods » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:37 pm

hello jeff
as i am a great fan of albeniz, i can say you are great in this piece ; passage at 1'20 is 8) & well done , nothing to change (for me) ; this piece is not easy to feel & play , so i compliment you for this exellent rendition and keep in my mind your interpretation for reference...
just two questions : are you playing on epicea guitar ? and for strings, what ?
:casque:

:chitarrista:

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:44 pm

You're very kind, Jarod! :merci:

The guitar is a Spruce/E. Indian Rosewood built by John Bogdanovich. This is embarrassing, but I can't remember what strings I have on there now. I've been experimenting with strings on this guitar, and will have to check the case later to see what they are.

Thanks again!
--Jeff

jarods

Post by jarods » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:47 pm

first : epicea ! good !!! :mrgreen:
oki thks ! sincerely i do appreciate your rendition (also fluidity in your playing) , and you gave me interest to play this piece...i have the 26 pieces from stanley yates :idea:
do you use this score ?
thks for this gift 8)

second: i heard very few interpretes playing this piece ( not roméro, not williams...) ; i only listened a piano version from alicia larochia...

BTW : for the strings , sound is :okok: for such piece :!:
Last edited by jarods on Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm playing Manuel Barrueco's arrangement (without the repeat...for now; I can barely get through the fast section once, much less twice! :)).

But thank you for reminding me, I've been meaning to pick up the Yates folio, too. I'd also like to look at Pujol's (I believe it is), as he puts the melody in that fast section on top, as it is in the piano original.

--Jeff

jarods

Post by jarods » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:59 pm

right baruecco has played ! :idea:

homayoonsaleh

Post by homayoonsaleh » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:10 pm

To me, it is perfect and a wonderful rendition of this difficult piece. Your musicality, advanced technique and fluidity is inspiring. Congratulations.

Happy Guitar
Homayoon

jarods

Post by jarods » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:41 pm

i just listened the Gonzalo Andres Molano interpretation...jeff you are perfect 8)

lehndal

Wow...

Post by lehndal » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Thank you! It was wonderful to hear your interpretation, full of warmth and tenderness.

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Thank you, Homayoon and lehndal. And again Jarods, too. You are all far too generous!

--Jeff

BalO

Post by BalO » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:24 pm

Really Awsome jeff..
the warm and determined sound of the guitar is so wonderfull!

Excellent played without any faults!

BRAVO! :bravo:

Rick714

Post by Rick714 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:50 pm

Dear Jeff,

I've come to expect to be awed and amazed whenever I open a new post from you for the first time. My expectations have not been frustrated in the least. A joy to listen to and appreciate as aways. If it's possible for me to one day get my playing to your level I suspect that at that time I will once again be in diapers.

norban

Post by norban » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:00 pm

wow Jeff,

I'm getting yealous :roll:

When I first heard that piece, thought it is impossible to play on one guitar. Then heard Barrueco play it.

Now, after having tried it for a while, I'm still that opinion. :shock:

jeff carter

Post by jeff carter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:49 pm

Thanks so much, Rick, Bal0 and Norban. I'd better go now, while my head still fits through the door! :merci:

--Jeff

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:16 pm

Wow, you nailed it. You handled the very difficult tempo issues and maintained a range of great sound through out -- putting up a high standard for anyone. Not many can make this one flow along as you have. As always, I envy and admire your skill.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”