Abreu, Zequinha - Tico-tico

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Abreu, Zequinha - Tico-tico

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Brazilian composer (1880-1935)

De Abreu, Zequinha; Tico-tico.mp3

:bye: Isa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Aucaman

Re: De Abreu, Zequinha - Tico-tico

Postby Aucaman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 am

Hi Isabelle.
You have embarked on a most demanding Brazilian piece and have so far made a good start.

I hope I'm not being too bold to say that your beat needs some more work. I feel I can say this because I have also been working of this piece for some time now and I still cannot play it at the tempo you are attempting here (I'm getting close, though :) )

To achieve that, I have been working on it with a metronome at a slow tempo to make sure that I can not only hit all the right notes, but that I also can keep the beat going non stop, including the fast scales.

With a 2/4 beat, you are playing it at around 100bpm. You could set it at 60bpm and focus on accuracy first. When you feel comfortable at 60, go up a notch or two and start again, always making sure you don't lose the beat. I think this approach will bring you up to the next level on that wonderful piece. :wink:

I hope this helps. All the best to you.

I enjoy your great recordings of early music. :casque:

RHSOldboy

Re: Abreu, Zequinha - Tico-tico

Postby RHSOldboy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:04 am

That is an "oldie" - I remember it well. An enjoyable listen. Thank you for posting.

Robert.

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Re: De Abreu, Zequinha - Tico-tico

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Aucaman wrote:Hi Isabelle.
You have embarked on a most demanding Brazilian piece and have so far made a good start.

I hope I'm not being too bold to say that your beat needs some more work. I feel I can say this because I have also been working of this piece for some time now and I still cannot play it at the tempo you are attempting here (I'm getting close, though :) )

To achieve that, I have been working on it with a metronome at a slow tempo to make sure that I can not only hit all the right notes, but that I also can keep the beat going non stop, including the fast scales.

With a 2/4 beat, you are playing it at around 100bpm. You could set it at 60bpm and focus on accuracy first. When you feel comfortable at 60, go up a notch or two and start again, always making sure you don't lose the beat. I think this approach will bring you up to the next level on that wonderful piece. :wink:

I hope this helps. All the best to you.

I enjoy your great recordings of early music. :casque:

Thank you dear Aucaman your help and all the information to improve my performance. :wink:

I m 'cause during the holidays to get there, with the metronome.

thank you to appreciate the early music I play! :sorride: :chitarrista:
Sincerely,

Isabelle :bye:
keep hope !
Bastien Burlot 2014" special anniversary" n°1, Pappalardo 1982, Antonio Ruiz Lopez 1974, and other instruments ...;-)

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:50 pm

RHSOldboy wrote:That is an "oldie" - I remember it well. An enjoyable listen. Thank you for posting.

Robert.

Tthank you Robert ,for your comment and for listening to my interpretation. :merci:

Greetings from France

:bye: Isabelle
keep hope !

fprado

Postby fprado » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 am

Hi Isabelle,

I live near the city where Zequinha de Abreu was born. He arranged it for piano, originally. Who made this arrangement that you are playing??

thank you!

Fabiano

Aucaman

Postby Aucaman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 am

Hi Fabiano,

If you live in Sao Paulo, you could get in touch with the wonderful virtuoso maestro Edson Lopes in Tatui. He's an amazing teacher and extremely generous with his work. He has a wonderful arrangement of Tico Tico for two guitars. You can see him play it in YT with I believe a student of his. I wouldn't be surprised if you were to discover that he also has an arrangement for just one guitar.

Good luck :bye:

Leonardo Silva

Postby Leonardo Silva » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:15 pm

Great to see brazilian music being played here. This is not an easy song to perform but you're in the right road to get it done! Keep on playing it and very soon you're going to master it. :bravo:

AriTanz

Postby AriTanz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 am

I had a wonderful time listening to your interpretation. Your sense of rythm and emotional expression is obviously super.

You are what I call 'interpretation led', which is great. You know what I mean: you have an interpretation in your head, or maybe its in your heart, and you are trying to get to it with the skills you have.

It's nice to hear efforts like this. As opposed to 'fear pushed,' where the player's objective is only negative: not to make mistakes and still play full speed with some kind of basic dynamic skills. I think you can tell the difference in about one millisecond. I believe that a lot of guitar playing today is fear pushed, and because of that both the players and the listeners lose out.

So. You know that if your scales were smoother your interpretation would come across to us better, but I can already tell where you want to take the music and I think its very nice. If you will put in the sweat to improve technique enough to reveal all the treasures you have inside, you will make the world happy. But maybe you won't have time, or maybe you won't be able to figure out all the little tricks your fingers and arms demand to get the job done. We'll see. Good luck to you!

Pepotte

Postby Pepotte » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:58 am

Hi Isabelle, I enjoyed your playing immensely. I have always liked latin guitar, but I have listened mostly to the works of Antonio Lauro, who I think is Venezuelan. I have always associated Brazilian with Bossa Nova, but your music has introduced me to another aspect of Brazilian music. Many thanks.
Pepotte

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 pm

Thank you :discussion: @Pepotte, @ AriTanz , @ Leonardo Silva ,@fprado for your comment and for listening to my interpretation. :merci:

Greetings from France ! :delcamp_ cool:

:bye: Isa
keep hope !

Daires Roberto

Postby Daires Roberto » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:45 pm

:bravo: :merci:

awesome Isabelle

Greetings from Brazil!

mkduzgoren

Postby mkduzgoren » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Your efforts created a very nice performance for this very popular and hard piece. Of course progress is infinite. Nobody could reach the perfect level without working hard. Working is the key in music and you're in a good way.

Congrats. :bravo:

Mustafa

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:44 am

Daires Roberto wrote::bravo: :merci:

awesome Isabelle

Greetings from Brazil!

Muito obrigado por seu comentário! :D

:bye:
keep hope !

Isabelle Frizac
Teacher

Postby Isabelle Frizac » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:45 am

mkduzgoren wrote:Your efforts created a very nice performance for this very popular and hard piece. Of course progress is infinite. Nobody could reach the perfect level without working hard. Working is the key in music and you're in a good way.

Congrats. :bravo:

Mustafa

Thank you very much for your comment! :D

:bye:
keep hope !

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”