Llobet, Miguel - El testament d'Amèlia played without nails with silk and gut strings

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Tonyyyyy

Re: Llobet, Miguel - El testament d'Amèlia played without nails with silk and gut strings

Post by Tonyyyyy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:35 pm

tateharmann wrote:I'm working on building a play list on my soundclound account here: https://soundcloud.com/laguitarraclasic ... nido-en-la
Yes really nice both ways. Who played the nails versions?
How about the third way... gut with nails as Tarrega would have played in his earlier years. Segovia too, come to think of it.

tateharmann

Re: Llobet, Miguel - El testament d'Amèlia played without nails with silk and gut strings

Post by tateharmann » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:31 pm

Exactly - or basically any classical guitarist before nylon was developed in the 1940's.

I played the nail versions as well. Thanks for checking it out!
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

gemisto

Post by gemisto » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Very heartening for people who have to use their hands for everyday work as well... Superb performance. :merci: :bravo:

Bluey

Post by Bluey » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 am

Nice mate.

goldenoldie

Post by goldenoldie » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:29 am

The only silk/gut set I see at stringsbymail.com is Pyramid's at $99 per set. How long do they last?

Logan G

Post by Logan G » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Fantastic! Very warm and thick tone. Phrasing was beautiful, very well done.

Luuttuaja

Post by Luuttuaja » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 pm

Thanks for the recording! This was very beautifully played. I love that no-nails sound.

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”