Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Paul

Re: Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Post by Paul » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:00 pm

How To Create A New Topic

Note: Clicking on a picture expands it to full size. It's easier than using the scroll bars or scroll wheel.

Starting with the front page of the forum you would need to choose which of the many sub-forums is the most appropriate for your topic.
01_forum.jpg
In this case we chose the Café.

1. In the Café we click on the NEWTOPIC button.
02_newtopic.jpg
2. In the message window it's important to add a title.
03_messagewindow_title.jpg
3. The type your message in the main text box. Smilies can be added by clicking on the ones on the right
04_smilies.jpg
or by clicking on the "View more smilies" link. A pop-up appears from which more smilies can be chosen. Currently there are two pages of smilies on the pop-up window.
07_popupsmilies2.jpg
4. It's a good idea to preview your message to check for errors by clicking the Preview button.
08_preview.jpg
5. Here you can see the preview at the top while you can still edit your message below. Once you are satisfied you can click the Submit button to post the message onto the forum.
09_previewsubmit.jpg
You're done.
10_done.jpg
Paul

RETURN to INDEX PAGE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Waddy Thomson
Luthier

Post by Waddy Thomson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm

I don't know if this has been answered, but for those of us who are active in the Luthier Forum, and had our names changed. Do we have to re-up our memberships? Where do we look to see what memberships we are subscribed to? When I looked at memberships page, I noticed that the only check that was greyed out was the Forum Member one.
Waddy

Link to Build Albums - See Profile

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 am

Have I understood you correctly, that you are wondering about membership of the usergroups, 002, etc? This will be unaffected when you have your username changed on joining one of the professional groups. You are still in all the groups up to 060. If you look under the usergroups tab in your User Control Panel here, you'll see the groups you are in listed under "Memberships" and those you are not in listed under "Non-Memberships".

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Waddy Thomson
Luthier

Post by Waddy Thomson » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:18 am

Thanks, Geoff! I was reading it wrong. Now I see. :oops:
Waddy

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:12 am

No problem, Waddy. It is slightly confusing at first sight, in that some of the groups have a Select button against them and some don't, but those buttons can be used for resigning from a group as well as applying for it.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Waddy Thomson
Luthier

Post by Waddy Thomson » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm

I finally figured that out. Where is the "gremlin" hitting himself in the head with a hammer, when you need it?
Waddy

saltyfish

Re: compendium of forum knowledge

Post by saltyfish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:25 am

Hans W wrote:How to Subscribe to the Usergroups

Note is may take up to 48 hours for the registration to take effect

Hans
Next Tip or RETURN to INDEX PAGE
Oh, it would be a hard time for me~~

Paul

Re: compendium of forum knowledge

Post by Paul » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:07 pm

saltyfish wrote:Oh, it would be a hard time for me~~
Not too hard. I see your 002 has been sorted.

Paul

ysun112

Post by ysun112 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 am

i was away from this forum for almost a year,gosh found my username hasn't been deleted, what shall i do to get permission to download?

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:46 am

Hi ysun112. Welcome back!

You need to register for the 002 Group. This thread shows you how to do it, so here's a link to the right page: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24921&st=0&sk=t&sd ... 45#p256328

It could take up to 48 to be accepted, but you'll have access to all the MP3s and the first levels of sheet music. When you reach 20 posts, you may register for the 020 Group.

Two ways to keep your post count up are to help in welcoming new members and to post comments on our members' MP3, Video and Score contributions. :wink:

See you around!

Alan

maxber56

Post by maxber56 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 pm

How many posts must be sent before sending a PM?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri May 28, 2010 9:04 pm

You can receive PMs from the beginning, but only send them after you have had at least one post approved by the moderators. This is a precaution against spammers.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

maxber56

Post by maxber56 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Thank you very much

maxber56

deathbringer07

Post by deathbringer07 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:11 am

Wow, good job on the makeover for the forum! :bravo:

But somehow, I'm a little lost. I'm looking for those sheet music pdfs by level, but I can't seem to find it. Did you guys remove those and separated them according to the artists or is it still here?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:16 am

The Delcamp score collections are still there, sorted by level. You can find them from the main forum page (towards the bottom of the page). If you meant the members scores, some of these were previously tagged with levels, though there are difficulties in assessing the level of particular arrangements, so this is not currently being done. You can find mp3s and videos by level, though, using these links: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=47879

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Forum Help Guides”