Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Re: Compendium of Forum Knowledge

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Bododio wrote:What am I missing?
You're not missing anything. A few weeks ago, Mr. Delcamp had to disable email notifications. He explains it here.

Since we're not sure yet whether this is temporary, we are reluctant to change anything in this Compendium. :wink:

Please be patient. :)

Alan

PatD

Post by PatD » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:09 pm

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for posting questions pertaining to tech problems. Here is my problem: when I attempt to open an audio recording in a forum for which I have access permission, I get a "you do not have permission..." Message and am automatically logged out. I have no problem with videos. I would appreciate some help. Thank you.

Pat D.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi Pat,

Have a look at my posts here and here. Do they offer any solutions to your particular problem?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Barbara DiNenno

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 am

I need help with how to post a reply to someone's recordings to give feedback. I cannot figure out where to start the post so that it will go to the person who I am giving feedback to. I am trying to give Ben feedback in D01 Lesson2 but I cannot figure out where to put my post.
:? Barbara

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:47 am

Hi Barbara,

Sorry you're finding it confusing. This is the first forum I've ever joined, and it took me forever to figure things out.

Whenever you reply to a thread, your reply shows up as the last post on that thread. If you wish to direct your comment at a specific member, you could say something like "To Ben", or even "@Ben".

Or, if you are commenting on a specific post, you can reply by using the "Quote" button in that person's post.

Does that help?

Alan

Barbara DiNenno

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:45 am

Yes, that helps . Thanks so much, Alan.

Barbara

RLaineJackson

Post by RLaineJackson » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 pm

Okay, my apologies if I'm not following protocol, but I wanted to start a forum on accompanying singers. At our college we have a soprano who I have wanted to do a series of duets with, and I wanted to have a discussion with other guitarists about their experiences, music they've used, what problems they've encountered, solutions, etc.
Thanks
Rodger Jackson

fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:05 am

I don't know if I am posting this in the right section and I apologize if I am doing wrong but I need help about sending private messages.
I tried yesterday to send one but after 24 hours it is still in the 'outbox' mode and has not been sent yet. I tried to see if there's something wrong in my settings but they seem to be okay. In the italian version it generally takes few minutes to switch from 'outbox' to 'sent message'. Do you have any idea about what the problem could be?
Thanks a lot

Jacek A. Rochacki

Post by Jacek A. Rochacki » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:26 am

fingerstyle wrote:I don't know if I am posting this in the right section and I apologize if I am doing wrong but I need help about sending private messages.
I tried yesterday to send one but after 24 hours it is still in the 'outbox' mode and has not been sent yet. I tried to see if there's something wrong in my settings but they seem to be okay. In the italian version it generally takes few minutes to switch from 'outbox' to 'sent message'. Do you have any idea about what the problem could be?
Thanks a lot
The sent message remains in the Outbox as long as the recipient will not read it. If the message remains in the Outbox it simply means, that the recipient did not read it yet; perhaps was not present at forum, or did not noticed that there is new message in his Inbox. Arrival of new messages is shown at the top of the page, to the right of User Control Panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Antonio Picado, model 60, 2015, Cedar/IRW. Scale 640 mm.
Kenny Hill, model Madrid, 2002, No. 2019, Cedar/IRW. Scale 650 mm.

fingerstyle

Post by fingerstyle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Thank you Jacek for your answer

I thought that the 'outbox' was something similar to the 'outgoing' box in Outlook, which means the mail is waiting to be processed until the batch file send everything. After that, the mail is moved in the 'sent' position (but this is not depending from the recipient). So, if here the process is different, there's no batch file sending mails but it depends from the recipient's activities. That's why I was waiting for the message to be moved in the 'sent messages'
Ok, I'll wait. Thank you.
pm.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjw57

Post by martinjw57 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you for this terrific information. Quick question: if you post in a wrong forum subgroup, can you somehow move the post to the appropriate discussion? Thanks much!!!

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:33 pm

martinjw57 wrote:Thank you for this terrific information. Quick question: if you post in a wrong forum subgroup, can you somehow move the post to the appropriate discussion? Thanks much!!!
Yes, we can and we do. You can always send a private message to one of the moderators to do it for you.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Dave M

Post by Dave M » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:26 pm

Is it OK to draft a post in say, MS Word, then cut and paste into the post screen?

This is new stuff to me so hope this is the appropriate place to ask this question Cheers Dave M
Dave

Erik Zurcher

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:10 pm

@Dave: composing a draft in MS Word is one way. Another option is to open your 'User Control Panel' (top left of the page) and click on the tab 'Private Messages'. You can compose a draft and save till later.

To tell you the truth I never do that. I just start a new topic or reply to a thread, type directly and submit.
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

Rameen Raha

Post by Rameen Raha » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Hey everyone,

Is there someone who could help. I got it that first I should upload my videos to youtube and then put the links in the forum, but when it is uploaded to youtube is it public? can everyone watch it? if it is so then it looks really bad because these are just technical pieces and sometimes the recording isn't much good.

Cheers,
Rameen Raha

Return to “Forum Help Guides”