Level tags for scores and recordings

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Level tags for scores and recordings

Postby GeoffB » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Tags are added where possible to the titles of topics in the scores and recordings forums to identify the level of difficulty of the piece.

These tags take the form D01, D02, etc., up to D12 (corresponding approximately to the level of study at music school: D01 = year 1, etc.) (Note that the "0" is a zero, not an upper case "O").

These tags make it possible to find all pieces of a particular level by entering the appropriate tag into a forum search as a keyword. For this it is best to use Advanced Search and make sure you click on Topic Titles Only.

There are also shortcuts to searches by level here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=47879&start=0

The tags should be used where the piece is from the Delcamp score collection, or is another arrangement of a piece in that collection.

Where a piece is not in that collection the tag can be omitted.

Solo pieces which are arranged for more than one instrument will probably be less difficult to play than as a solo, and should therefore receive a lower level tag than the solo score would justify. Where in doubt, it is probably better not to add a level tag if the piece isn't in the Delcamp collection in that arrangement.

See this topic for details of how the tags are fitted in with the rest of the title format.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jeffrey.C

Re: Level tags for scores and recordings

Postby Jeffrey.C » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:40 am

I'm wondering why the Giuliani Grande Overture is considered D09 when the Giuliani Variations on La Folia is D10. Surely the Grande Overture is a more difficult piece both technically and musically when compared to the Variations on La Folia?
"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music." - Gustav Mahler

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Postby GeoffB » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:50 am

I'm not qualified to answer on that point but I'll just say that the tags are determined by M. Delcamp and reflect the order in which he introduces the pieces to his own students.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

cheosama

Postby cheosama » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:49 pm

how can i post to see score

Return to “Forum Help Guides”