Tapatalk Support

edewald

Re: Tapatalk Support

Post by edewald » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:24 am

Having just joined here and being a tapatalk user myself for reading and posting on other forums, this thread gave me the information I needed as to what I can/can't do. Thanks for all the discussions!
Cheers,
edewald

nickdinarzo

Post by nickdinarzo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:18 pm

As for myself Tapatalk was so easy to use on my phone and I wod just regularly visit and read. Since it's non functional I feel less compelled to visit the site. Just more complicated on an iPhone. It's too sad.

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:14 am

nickdinarzo wrote:As for myself Tapatalk was so easy to use on my phone and I wod just regularly visit and read. Since it's non functional I feel less compelled to visit the site. Just more complicated on an iPhone. It's too sad.

Very, very sad. The functionality is nowhere near Tapatalk. It is a "chore" to try and get through current items in a timely way on a mobile now rather than being a 'breeze" as it used to be.

FHC

Post by FHC » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:33 pm

I don't visit this forum as much as when I used Tapatalk. Hopefully Mr. Delcamp will see the benefit of it once again. I'd be curious to know if the traffic has gone down on this forum since Tapatalk's removal.

tom0311
Amateur luthier

Post by tom0311 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:12 pm

I've hardly been on here since Tapatalk was dropped, to be honest. I browse while at work, but never at home anymore when I actually have time to read posts properly. It does actually look a lot better on mobile now, but I miss the notifications tapatalk provided. I don't want to subscribe to posts via email, as you just end up with a clogged mail inbox.
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.”

Rui Namora

Post by Rui Namora » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Same here... :(

Evan

Post by Evan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:31 am

I agree that it's a disappointment to see support dropped.

I haven't visited the site for at least a month and hadn't heard about the software update. After reading the recent posts on this thread I looked for settings that display the mobile version of the site but couldn't find options to change the display in the browser. (iPhone 6+ safari).

I have fairly bad eyesight. tapatalk makes everything easier to see. The site looks good in the browser but the buttons, links, and pretty much everything are hard to see and so tiny that I need to zoom in in order to interact. Otherwise I feel like I'm fat-fingering everything.

Are there mobile-view options available for the browser?

Thanks!

tom0311
Amateur luthier

Post by tom0311 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 am

Evan wrote:I agree that it's a disappointment to see support dropped.

I haven't visited the site for at least a month and hadn't heard about the software update. After reading the recent posts on this thread I looked for settings that display the mobile version of the site but couldn't find options to change the display in the browser. (iPhone 6+ safari).

I have fairly bad eyesight. tapatalk makes everything easier to see. The site looks good in the browser but the buttons, links, and pretty much everything are hard to see and so tiny that I need to zoom in in order to interact. Otherwise I feel like I'm fat-fingering everything.

Are there mobile-view options available for the browser?

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure the mobile skin is the only one, and that's what is used by default when browsing from a mobile device. I no longer use the forum on my mobile for this reason but try my best to stay active on my laptop.
“There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats.”

Katarína Böhmová

Post by Katarína Böhmová » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Hello everyone,
yesterday I wanted to use Delcamp forum with Tapatalk as well for and was realy disapointed. Does anyone know if we could help admins somehow to make this forum usable on mobile / tablets again? Im pretty sure it would greatly help the community to spread even more.

Is there any way to use this forum on mobile / tablet comfortably? (Any app, or anything... I would realy appreciate that and also would be willing to help to build something like this!)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm afraid it's highly unlikely that M. Delcamp would want to install any extra add-ons here, since he decided that Tapatalk was no longer worth the admin overheads. Bear in mind that there are four separate active forums on the site (in the four languages), so the add-on needs to be installed on each of them. As I understand it, every time an update came out for the forum software, the Tapatalk add-on had to be uninstalled on all four systems, then reinstalled and reconfigured on all four after the main software was updated, and it sometimes took more than one attempt to get it working. Though it was time-consuming, M. Delcamp put up with it when it was the only way for members to access the forum on mobile devices, but once the forum software itself was upgraded to cater for mobile devices he felt the extra work was no longer justified for the sake of enhancing mobile performance further. He has even more calls on his time these days, so I expect he'd be even more reluctant now than he was then to commit himself to the extra workload. Sorry to sound negative, but I don't want you to get your hopes up only to be disappointed.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Katarína Böhmová

Post by Katarína Böhmová » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Thank you Geoff for this info update about the current state. As far as I work at the "internet industry" (I do UX design) I understand how much work that is, but on the other side there is also lot of pressure these days to make webs more usable.... Well, maybe just better mobile and better responsive interface theme would be enough for some people, because writing this on mobile is real pain. If needed some help, Im keen to assist! :)

Return to “Forum Help Guides”