Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

guitarseller345645

Re: Has anyone heard of Kremona Classical guitars?

Post by guitarseller345645 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:22 am

So sorry you got a poor one...mine is great but I do not like tuners with rosewood buttons so I got them changed.
Höfner HLE-SAZ
Kremona Fiesta FC

robert e

Post by robert e » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Perhaps its a string tension issue? I have a an old low-end Cordoba that chokes on anything but the lowest tension strings. So far Galli Titanio LT (very low tension, very bright) is the only set I've found that can make it sound decent.

Simple to test--tune all strings a half step lower and see if it improves things.

(By the same token, any given guitar may respond better to a higher tension string, but I'm leery about tuning any classical guitar higher than concert pitch to find out, so you're on your own there.)

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Post by Ramon Amira » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:34 pm

A major factor that's being overlooked here, as with other threads discussing comparisons, is that when you try out a guitar in a place like Guitar Center and other megastores, most of the time you are playing a guitar that might have been sitting there for six months and more. Frequently it has been played endlessly and knocked around, and nobody in Guitar Center is ever going to put new strings on. So the strings have not been changed in who knows how long. You cannot possibly assess a guitar in any way when the strings are dead or moribund.

Ramon
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

ghitarist

Post by ghitarist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:43 pm

robert e , thanks for suggestion. I will try a higher tension E carbon string and leave the rest normal tension. I can always put some higher tension Savarez carbons all around, the result is always a much cleaner sound, but In this case my musicality will decrease. I am so sure about the fact that lower tension will make Fiesta even worse, because Fiesta's treble volume is already lower then basses . The overall Fiesta sound is rich but also slow, lazy, so less tension will also bring less treble volume and clarity.

Still, guys, I've made my google, looks like there are more people like me who complain about Kremona's tone problems. These guitars are a hit or a miss - no guarantee, no consistency, no reference. For 999$ you can buy a Spanish made award winning Cordoba 45MR, for 500$ there are excellent La Patrie guitars, at 700-999$ price range there are so many options. Think twice before ordering a Kremona online, especially a used one, you might end up buying my guitar and my problems ).

ghitarist

Post by ghitarist » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:28 pm

By the way. Aquila Alabastro superNylguts MHT look to be the perfect match for the guitar sound wise. Also the tonal characteristics kind of improved. Unexpected, considering these strings are much cheaper then any carbons and less rich in treble. The thing is, they don't have as much treble harmoniks by default, and considering my guitar is not so good at treble, I receive an almost even tone from top to bottom. Aquila kind of sound less brilliant and rich in overtones, but these treble harmoniks are not lost on E string any longer, bass is also not overpowering. The overall sound is lower in volume but even in tonality. No evident treble harmonic lose (Carbons had), no evident bass domination (nylon problem), no boringness (hello daddario) .
Aquila ?... :merci: :bravo:

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:01 am

I had a Kremona Rosa Moreno and I played it for about three weeks. It just didn't have the richness of the all solid Córdoba C9 (Kremona was Lam back and sides) which was a hundred bucks more. So I returned it within the 30 day exchange period and got the Córdoba.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”