Is Kremona Fiesta FC worth it for the price?

Orcas_

Is Kremona Fiesta FC worth it for the price?

Post by Orcas_ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm

Been considering getting one as the two that I've played both seem pretty good, but I do intend to play them again to make sure I wasn't fooled by their sound.

Was wanting to get a cedar/rosewood and they're on clearence at my GC for 750 new, last one they have so I can prob get 10 percent off on top of that as well.

I could probably get one used for 500 or so, however, I'm not sure if I would want to purchase a guitar on verb without being able to try it, only making an exception for yamahas because of their consistency.
I don't know how consistent Kremonas are, however the one I played was definitely nice.

I ask this mainly because I've heard that Kremonas in europe are significantly cheaper? Although I have no clue how much truth this holds or if someone was just bsing me.

It fits what I'm searching for, an all solid, cedar top, indian rosewood, 650mm scale 52mm nut that I'd use as my practice/performance guitar. Only other guitar I could try out in that price range is a cordoba c9 and while I've read some people prefer the c9, the one I played felt like a step down in terms of playibility and tone.

Ramon Amira
Teacher

Re: Is Kremona Fiesta FC worth it for the price?

Post by Ramon Amira » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 pm

Do yourself a big favor and just get a Yamaha GC12 in the same price range. Head and shoulders over Fiesta FC, and makes the Cordoba C9 sound like a beater.

EDIT: Correction. I confused the Kremona Fiesta FC with a different, lesser model. The Fiesta FC is a fine guitar, nicely finished and sounds very good. And it is also way better than the Cordoba C9, which actually costs more. Still, given a choice - and they are almost exactly the same price - I would choose the Yamaha, but the two are very close.

Ramon
Last edited by Ramon Amira on Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Classical and Flamenco guitar lessons via Skype worldwide - Classical and Flamenco guitars from Spain

Dave Stott

Post by Dave Stott » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:57 pm

I agree that you should consider the Yamaha guitar. BUT you really need to play one to make sure that your left hand is comfortable with the width and thickness of the Yamaha guitar. You don't necessarily have to play the exact same model, but try to find a few to try.

Yamaha guitars are nice, but their necks tend to be too wide & thick for my personal preference. I prefer a nut width closer to 2" than some of the wider classical guitars.
2015 Cordoba GK Pro Negra
2015 Cordoba Solista Cedar
2003 H-12 Froggy Bottom
1989 Takamine E-30 Classical

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 am

My friend is a Kremona dealer. I played one in his shop. It was very good for the price. Almost bought it. While I was making up my mind, it got sold. Head and shoulders above the C9.
However, if you can’t try before you buy, I would go for the Yamaha.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”