Yamaha SLG200N

surendranp

Re: Yamaha SLG200N

Post by surendranp » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:57 am

I use a Yamaha 130 NW silent guitar. I keep it in Office for my lunch time practice. It has 'classic' classical guitar dimension in terms of fret width etc that I didn't go for the SLG 200N. Improved electronics is not a good enough reason to pitch for the 200 N practice guitar. My advice would be to play both (130 & 200) and take a decision. I suspect the 130NW is not more available in the market. Only irritant with it is that it uses an alkaline battery that runs out pretty fact
Last edited by surendranp on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

surendranp

Post by surendranp » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:58 am

I use a Yamaha 130 NW silent guitar. I keep it in Office for my lunch time practice. It has 'classic' classical guitar dimension in terms of fret width etc that I didn't go for the SLG 200N. Improved electronics is not a good enough reason to pitch for the 200 N practice guitar. My advice would be to play both (130 & 200) and take a decision. I suspect the 130NW is not more available in the market. Only irritant with it is that it uses an alkaline battery that runs out pretty fact

asmodeus

Post by asmodeus » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pm

I own the SLG 200NW. I use it to practice with headphones when the neighbours would be annoyed otherwise :)
Sound with the headphones is ok, certainly not great. I haven't tried it through an amp yet.

The neck feels like a real classical guitar, but mine came with the strings set up too low, which led to annoying buzzes on the 6th string. Access to the higher frets is much better than with a classical guitar, as there's no body in the way. Since it feels different on the SLG, I usually avoid practicing pieces with notes in the higher frets on it.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”