Amalio Burguet Vanessa

aivarsm78

Re: Amalio Burguet Vanessa

Post by aivarsm78 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 pm

It has warm, soft sound. Comes with nice hard case, D'Addario EJ45 NT strings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alhambra 4P
Amalio Burguet 2M

markj

Post by markj » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:58 pm

She's beautiful!

Does one have to order direct from Spain to get one a Burguet guitar?

aivarsm78

Post by aivarsm78 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 pm

I order it directly from Burguet, but you can use online stores, too.
Alhambra 4P
Amalio Burguet 2M

apark1980

Post by apark1980 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:10 pm

Love the rosette on that guitar

Amalio Burguet Guitarmaker

Re: Amalio Burguet Guitarmaker

Post by Amalio Burguet Guitarmaker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 am

Hi , I´m Vanessa Burguet , from Amalio Burguet guitars , Spain .

We make ALL our guitars personally in our workshop , Catarroja ( Valencia ) , Spain , all our guitars are handmade , totally solid , and if you want , we invite you to visit us and you can see how we make our guitars.
Amalio Burguet , ( my father ) making guitars from 1966 , we started like Amalio Burguet , from 1984 , some years later I joined and later
Damian Burguet , ( my brother ) , so now Amalio Burguet and Damián Burguet handmade all our guitars here .....

Waiting your visit in Valencia anytime! :)

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the clarification. (There is a private message waiting for you).

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Gary Macleod

Re: Amalio Burguet Guitarmaker

Post by Gary Macleod » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 am

Amalio Burguet Guitarmaker wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:28 am
Hi , I´m Vanessa Burguet , from Amalio Burguet guitars , Spain .

We make ALL our guitars personally in our workshop , Catarroja ( Valencia ) , Spain , all our guitars are handmade , totally solid , and if you want , we invite you to visit us and you can see how we make our guitars.
Amalio Burguet , ( my father ) making guitars from 1966 , we started like Amalio Burguet , from 1984 , some years later I joined and later
Damian Burguet , ( my brother ) , so now Amalio Burguet and Damián Burguet handmade all our guitars here .....

Waiting your visit in Valencia anytime! :)
Hi Vanessa,

I played a 1a Burguet in London and it was a fantastic guitar and next on my list to buy.
One question, do you build all traditional guitars or are there any lattice/ double top models ?
Regards
Gary

Mickey_C

Post by Mickey_C » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:41 pm

My Burguet 2F is still my favorite go to guitar. It's surprising that a "student" model is so good.

I'd second that on the 1a Burguets... every one of them I've played have been wonderful instruments, especially when considering the price point.

If I ever go to Spain, Burguet Guitars will be on my itinerary!

madrilla

Post by madrilla » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:35 pm

Hi Vanessa,

I tried the 3M and Vanessa models the other day, and was impressed with the sound. I read some time ago there would be a Burguet Torres model. Do you have any information about that? Thanks

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm

I bought my first Burguet guitar, a 1a, in 1996, after trying many other guitars that were hand-made by a variety of makers. The 1a outperformed them in every respect, and I kept the guitar until about three years ago.

I'm interested to know if the AB and AC guitars are only cosmetically better than the 1a, or if the construction methods, and thus sound and playability, offer an improvement over the 1a. I have never tried an AB or AC model.
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

madrilla

Post by madrilla » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Adrian Allan wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm
I bought my first Burguet guitar, a 1a, in 1996, after trying many other guitars that were hand-made by a variety of makers. The 1a outperformed them in every respect, and I kept the guitar until about three years ago.

I'm interested to know if the AB and AC guitars are only cosmetically better than the 1a, or if the construction methods, and thus sound and playability, offer an improvement over the 1a. I have never tried an AB or AC model.
According to Forsyths' website the AB has double back of cedar laminated onto African Rosewood, double sides of Cypress laminated onto African Rosewood for stiffness, carbon fibre reinforcement in the neck. It should have more volume and sustain in theory. Also, the back resonates if you hold the guitar away from you.

doralikesmath

Post by doralikesmath » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:27 pm

I tried the AB as Forsyths' before and I can confirm that the guitar is really loud. You can clearly see the cedar layer of the back inside the soundhole and the grains are really tight. The neck is really flat that drove me insane when I tried it, though.
Raimundo 148 Cedar - "Julia"
L. T. An Guitar C150 Spruce
Takamine G128 Spruce

zavaletas

Post by zavaletas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Amalio Burguet is one of the better factories in Valencia, and makes a variety of models for Estudio guitars to concert instruments. I have been in their factory, and it is well equipped. Handmade, however, is a relative term. For the purest it might mean that everything is done by hand, with traditional hand tools. Obviously, a modern factory can't operate that way. But traditional methods of assembly is another matter-- and particularly with important components like the top-- a skilled luthier may be involved. The involvement of a skilled luthier certainly is greater in their higher level models.
James, Zavaleta's La Casa de Guitarras

zavaletas

Post by zavaletas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Congratulations.
James, Zavaleta's La Casa de Guitarras

Gary Macleod

Post by Gary Macleod » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:48 pm

zavaletas wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm
Amalio Burguet is one of the better factories in Valencia, and makes a variety of models for Estudio guitars to concert instruments. I have been in their factory, and it is well equipped. Handmade, however, is a relative term. For the purest it might mean that everything is done by hand, with traditional hand tools. Obviously, a modern factory can't operate that way. But traditional methods of assembly is another matter-- and particularly with important components like the top-- a skilled luthier may be involved. The involvement of a skilled luthier certainly is greater in their higher level models.
Being the devils advocate here, you said in a previous post that you’d recommend Adalid or Hernandez and now that Burguet is one of the best , if you were to say one is better which would it be ? ;-)

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”