Best place to buy a new (Bernabé) guitar

eno

Re: Best place to buy a new (Bernabé) guitar

Post by eno » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 am

I have collected quite a few guitars and I've also tried a lot, including Hauser, Ramirez and Bouchet. I may be biased due to my personal tonal taste but none of the guitars I ever played compare to my most favorite Bernabe India. I play it almost every day and its sound just blows me away and puts me into a trance. There is plenty of fantastic guitars but Bernabe is totally magic.
Paulino Bernabe 'India' 2001
Masaru Kohno No.6 1967
Rokutaro Nakade 1967
Mitsuru Tamura No.800 1969

tmblweed1

Post by tmblweed1 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:52 am

that's great, hold on to that one...
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks for your testimony tmblweed! The fact that you put aside your other guitars for the Bernabe's is stuff I like reading about. :)

zavaletas

Post by zavaletas » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Bernabe has authorized dealers. In the US, if someone writes to Paulino he forwards the email to me. If you travel to Madrid, you may be able to deal with him directly-- but his pricing to dealers is such that we can generally offer the same models at about the same price you would pay in Madrid.

Zavaletas-Guitarras.com
James, Zavaleta's La Casa de Guitarras

Sharkbait

Post by Sharkbait » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 pm

tmblweed1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 am
To me the Bernabes are worth the xtra cost. I had M10 and M30, only guitars I have owned that had no wolf tones or dead spots anywhere on the fingerboard. I quit playing my other guitars after I got these.
I tried a few of the lowest range Bernabes (M5 spruce, M10 spruce & M10 cedar) a few months ago when I was in Munich, and they really sounded great - I was very taken by the sound, although not the price tag! Tried the M10's again today (back in Munich again) and they still sound rich and full of overtones. But they do cost quite a bit extra compared to other small factories'/workshops' guitars - €3599 for the cedar and €3899 for the spruce. Is it worth so much? I guess each person will have his own answer to that question. For me, it's not a yes, at least not now... (cos I've just bought an old Dieter Hopf).

tmblweed1

Post by tmblweed1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Sharkbait wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 pm
tmblweed1 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 am
To me the Bernabes are worth the xtra cost. I had M10 and M30, only guitars I have owned that had no wolf tones or dead spots anywhere on the fingerboard. I quit playing my other guitars after I got these.
I tried a few of the lowest range Bernabes (M5 spruce, M10 spruce & M10 cedar) a few months ago when I was in Munich, and they really sounded great - I was very taken by the sound, although not the price tag! Tried the M10's again today (back in Munich again) and they still sound rich and full of overtones. But they do cost quite a bit extra compared to other small factories'/workshops' guitars - €3599 for the cedar and €3899 for the spruce. Is it worth so much? I guess each person will have his own answer to that question. For me, it's not a yes, at least not now... (cos I've just bought an old Dieter Hopf).
I paid $3500 for the M10 here in the states and 3 grand plus a Tag Heuer watch for the M30, both brand new.
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”