what makes the guitar easy to play ????

Justfun

Re: what makes the guitar easy to play ????

Post by Justfun » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:02 am

AndreiKrylov wrote:
maher sham wrote:Does anyone know what part of guitar constructing makes the classical guitar easy to play ???? is it the neck or the bidge or what ???
For me - good precise work of luthier , low action without buzz and great beautiful inspiring sound.
+1
My Richard Reynoso take less effort on my right hand also what was said above.

Fred
Richard Reynoso, Cypress \ Spruce 2016
Lozano Spruce 2001
Inofuentes 1997

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 pm

I would say it is easy to play bc it has only six strings.
As opposed to, let say, 100 strings.

Yamaha GL1

Salvador

Post by Salvador » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:56 pm

I also have a low end Yamaha guitar. The playability is not good, so i lower the action and it's much better than before. But still, the guitar is not good enough to play difficult classical guitar pieces. My Yamaha is only good for fingerstyle guitar.

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 am

If you have Alhambra available to you, pick one of those instead of the Yamaha, or Cort. You will be infinitely happier if you can find one and actually try before you buy. It also depends on what your budget is too. I would pick Alhambra over Yamaha, and Yamaha over Cort. I've had Cort before and they are cheaply made. The Yamaha C40 is okay for a starter guitar, but I think you would be happier with the Alhambra, even if you get a less expensive model. If you have a friend who plays, take him with you when you go shopping for a guitar. I am assuming by the nature of your question you are a beginner or you wouldn't be asking us. I really think a mid priced Alhambra will get you farther down the road than the other two.

Debussychopin

Post by Debussychopin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:43 am

I have both a Alhambra 9p I own and use, and a yamaha gc12 and formerly gc22 I've handled before and I would say the Alhambra is more difficult to play on.
Yamaha is very refined and consistent but the Alhambra sound is more characteristic. A

Yamaha GL1

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”