Wanted: Andrea Tacchi guitar COCLEA OR BOUCHET

classicalguitar65

Wanted: Andrea Tacchi guitar COCLEA OR BOUCHET

Postby classicalguitar65 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello....I am interested in buying one as I always wanted to have one for my personal playing pleasure. Please contact me if you would like to sell yours.
Thank you
Robert
Last edited by classicalguitar65 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

petermc61

Re: Wanted: Andrea Tacchi Bouchet guitar

Postby petermc61 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Please be aware that unless you order one specifically it is likely to have a higher than normal action. That is minimum 4.5/3.5+mm with little or no spare saddle. That is how he seems to build them.

I know, I owned one and sold it despite its good sound. I have been looking for a lower (normal) action sample ever since without any luck.

Michael.N.

Postby Michael.N. » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:44 pm

He must have got that one wrong. It doesn't make sense.
Historicalguitars.

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:15 am

Michael.N. wrote:He must have got that one wrong. It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense to me either. I don't think it is a case of 'getting one wrong'. I have spoken to a professional guitarist who owns multiple Tacchi Guaita and another enthusiastic amateur on this site and their comments are similar. I suspect he thinks it needs 4.5/3.5mm for the guitar to be able to be played hard.

I have spoken to Andrea about it and he says he can build one to my specs easily (3.7/2.8mm),when he gets to me in about 5 years, so it's not a function of what he can and can't do but seemingly more a function of what he normally does and doesn't do.

Regards
Peter

Michael.N.

Postby Michael.N. » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 am

My logic is a little different. If there isn't anywhere to go on the saddle at 4.5 mm's, what will it be like in say 15 years when the geometry of the instrument has changed? Every new guitar should have at least 1 mm on the saddle that can be removed, especially those built with a Spanish slipper foot. I can't see any logical reason why anyone would build it like that.
Historicalguitars.

simonm
Amateur luthier

Postby simonm » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:06 am

petermc61 wrote:... I suspect he thinks it needs 4.5/3.5mm for the guitar to be able to be played hard.

My teacher would probably find that the minimum for concert performance, if he wanted to dig into it. However, he admits that lower is more comfortable but for real power he likes the extra height. He doesn't bat an eyelid when he tries one with an unfitted saddle that might be more like 5.0 and 4.2 before I set it up.

Michael.N.

Postby Michael.N. » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 am

Yes but there's still nowhere to go on the saddle. You should still be able to set it up for 4.5 mm's and get 4 mm's by lowering the saddle. We are referring to a 1 mm change on the saddle. That level of adjustment should be built in - unless this was a guitar that was 15 or 20 years old, in which case the geometry could have changed and all bets are off. The only other explanation would be if he was building with a high bridge, in which case the saddle slot can be lowered.
Historicalguitars.

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:37 am

I agree Michael, that level of adjustment should be built in. I really don't understand why the saddles are built so low. I have never seen this in any other guitar.

That was in 2015 with a 2010 guitar, so certainly not old.

classicalguitar65

Postby classicalguitar65 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Anyone know of any for sale? thanks!

Number 6

Postby Number 6 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:18 pm

classicalguitar65 wrote:Anyone know of any for sale? thanks!
you may want to contact GSI since they market his guitars in the USA.

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Bruce Bannister had one listed on his Fine and Rare guitar site that recently sold. He might be worth contacting. I was in Andrea's shop last month and his Bouchet was my favorite of his that I played. It was simply Devine!
The Smell of Rosewood!!

classicalguitar65

Postby classicalguitar65 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Thanks Jack, I missed that one that Bannister sold and I did contact GSI

bacsidoan

Postby bacsidoan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:59 am

Jack Douglas wrote:Bruce Bannister had one listed on his Fine and Rare guitar site that recently sold. He might be worth contacting. I was in Andrea's shop last month and his Bouchet was my favorite of his that I played. It was simply Devine!

$$$$$$$$$ :)

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:57 am

bacsidoan wrote:
Jack Douglas wrote:Bruce Bannister had one listed on his Fine and Rare guitar site that recently sold. He might be worth contacting. I was in Andrea's shop last month and his Bouchet was my favorite of his that I played. It was simply Devine!

$$$$$$$$$ :)

Andrea's son, Giovanni, is building under the watchful eyes of Andrea. He is currently making a Frederich copy and to create the carved headstock made some tools (none were available from equipment suppliers) specifically for that purpose. Giovanni's prices are considerably less than Andrea's and the wood he uses comes from the Tacchi stock. The lead time to acquire a Giovanni Tacchi is fairly quick at the moment.

So, this is something you might consider!! Otherwise you can get on Andrea's wait list , 4 or so years, and get your Andrea Tacchi Bouchet.
The Smell of Rosewood!!

classicalguitar65

Postby classicalguitar65 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:43 pm

bacsidoan...If you ever want to sell yours let me know
thanks

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”