Wanted: Andrea Tacchi guitar COCLEA OR BOUCHET

classicalguitar65

Re: Wanted: Andrea Tacchi guitar COCLEA OR BOUCHET

Postby classicalguitar65 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Anyone know of any Andrea Tacchi Coclea guitar for sale or coming up for sale?
Thank you for your help!

petermc61

Postby petermc61 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:40 pm

There is a 2010 spruce Coclea listed on the GFA website for sale section. It's been there about 2 years.

classicalguitar65

Postby classicalguitar65 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 am

HE SOLD THAT A LONG TIME AGO BUT NEVER TOOK THE AD DOWN, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! MUCH APPRECIATED!

Jack Douglas

Postby Jack Douglas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:16 am

Hello again,
Aaron Green, a Delcamp member sold, I'm not sure how recently, a Cochlea. You might check with him to see if he knows of another one for sale. Like others have stated buying from Andrea requires a lengthy wait time. Also check with Dream Guitars in NC. They sold a Bouchet model a while back.
Good luck,
Jack
Hauser III 2014!

zupfgeiger

Re: Wanted: Andrea Tacchi Bouchet guitar

Postby zupfgeiger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:56 pm

petermc61 wrote:Please be aware that unless you order one specifically it is likely to have a higher than normal action. That is minimum 4.5/3.5+mm with little or no spare saddle. That is how he seems to build them.

I know, I owned one and sold it despite its good sound. I have been looking for a lower (normal) action sample ever since without any luck.

Don't know whether Robert has found his Tacchi guitar meanwhile but I can second what Peter said about the action of Andrea's guitars. Some years ago I purchased a Coclea which had a very high action and no room for manoever on the saddle. Sold it after a short while although the sound was devine.

But meanwhile Andrea has a slightly different view on action, although the bulk of his professional clients just demand higher strings for different reasons. Last year he built a Garcia copy for me. During construction I discussed the action issue (and a lot of other details) with him and as a result this guitar is very easy to play with low action less than 4.00 mm on 6. string - without any buzzing.

BTW this Garcia is amazing in looks and - more important - soundwise. Some weeks ago, at a masterclass Wulfin Lieske in Cologne had organized, I had the chance to compare mine with a 2014 Tacchi Bouchet and some other top notch luthier guitars. The Garcia ranked first for its emotional "Spanish" touch which the Bouchet was clearly lacking. The Bouchet had the most perfect sonic character one can imagine with no faults at all. But those who cherish the traditional Spanish sound will maybe miss something. My very personal impression is that the Garcia is Andrea's favorite model which he would like to build more often. I know that he is planning to build a Garcia for himself, but doesn't find the time as his order book for the next years is quite full.
The secret of getting ahead is getting started (Mark Twain)

Andrea Tacchi, Enrique Garcia model, Spruce/BRAZ, 2016
Alain Raifort, cedar/EIR, 2004
Yamaha SLG200S, silent guitar

Tom

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Owned and played his Bouchet before ... It is one of those guitars that any guitarist must play once in their life time, period.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”