Cervantes Hauser Concert and Reverie Classical Guitar Shop

Paul Nicholas

Cervantes Hauser Concert and Reverie Classical Guitar Shop

Postby Paul Nicholas » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:10 am

Greetings!

Hope you are all doing well!

After much research and debate, I finally bought a new guitar, a 2016 Cervantes Hauser Concert from David Conti at Reverie Classical Guitars! Best purchase experience ever! David had endless patience for all my questions and emails, was incredibly cordial, and a wealth of knowledge. I had played a Cervantes at another shop while traveling for work, but was leery of purchasing a guitar online without actually playing it. David's insight and advice were most helpful in boosting my confidence and selecting the right guitar. Further, the price was fantastic and Reverie has a 48 hr trial period that all but removed any risk of a bad purchase.

As for the guitar...WOW! Alejandro Cervantes is a luthiery genius! It is a phenomenal instrument! It completely surpassed all my expectations. I was leery about buying a guitar without having played it, but it is absolutely perfect! The sound, the feel, the aesthetics are all awesome! David had sent me a series of high res, very clear, high quality pictures, but the guitar is much more impressive in person! The fit, finish, and craftsmanship inside and out are superb! The only thing better than the aesthetics is the sound!

During my search, I played and listened to several different guitars. Each one presented some form of compromise, a choice… loud basses or tinny trebles, clear trebles or muffled muddy basses, smaller body or bigger sound, etc. The Cervantes was the only guitar that did not require any compromises! Sweet clear trebles, loud warm basses, and an unbelievable balance between the two! A thinner, smaller body with a huge sound. The resonance and sustain are fantastic! Super smooth and accurate tuners, compensated nut and saddle, a sleek neck profile with jumbo frets, and a 12 hole tie block all just add to the value!! I can’t say enough!

Although I am a fan of Esteve, Giambattista, Hill, etc...after this purchase, I am convinced that Alejandro Cervantes provides the absolute best value on the market! Simply phenomenal! I have no idea how he built this guitar as well as he did for as little as it cost! I'm dumbfounded! Very appreciative, but dumbfounded! The search for my next guitar will definitely begin, and probably end, with Cervantes!

If you are considering a Cervantes Hauser Concert, and have any questions, please do not hesitate to let me know!

Thx!

Paul
Last edited by Paul Nicholas on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Cervantes Hauser Concert (SP/IN)
2016 Yamaha C40
2012 Yamaha Silent Classical Guitar (SLG130NW)
2003 Seagull Coastline S6 (Folk Cedar)

David_Norton

Re: Cervantes Hauser Concert and Reverie Classical Guitar Shop

Postby David_Norton » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:14 am

+1 for David Conti and his high level of professionalism in working with buyers to find a suitable instrument.
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

eyedoc

Postby eyedoc » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Great Christmas present!
David is super and he knows great guitars.
Also a fine player.
Ron

Philosopherguy

Postby Philosopherguy » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Congratulations on the new guitar and a great outcome!

Martin
2013 Ramirez 130 Anos - Spruce
2013 Ramirez 4NE - Cedar
1998 Dean Harrington - Spruce
1977 Kuniharu Nobe - Spruce
1971 Yamaha GC3 - Spruce

Guitar-ded

Postby Guitar-ded » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:17 am

+1
Merry Christmas !
Getting better bit by bit, day by day.

Lovemyguitar

Postby Lovemyguitar » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:50 am

Awesome! It is hard to beat those "Hauser" models -- glad to hear that the Cervantes holds its own, and most importantly, that you love it! Cheers, and many happy hours of playing!

souldier

Postby souldier » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Congrats Paul! It's truly a special experience to acquire a new guitar that you are thrilled about. Cervantes makes great guitars. I've played several of them and I think they were great value for the money.

I have nothing but good things to say about David/Reverie. He is very approachable and makes the process of finding a guitar pleasant and free from pressure or intimidation. He genuinely wants to help find the right instrument for you. I had a really pleasant experience trying his guitars in person.
"Success grants its rewards to a few, but is the dream of the multitudes.
Excellence is available to all, but is accepted only by a few." - Christopher Parkening

dgdenes

Postby dgdenes » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:31 pm

I googled Reverie Classical Guitars and there is nothing on the website that I could find about its location. Maybe not important, but still curious.

Paul Nicholas

Postby Paul Nicholas » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:22 am

Good Evening!

Reverie CG is in Indianapolis, IN. I don't have the physical address as I purchased my guitar via email/online, but Dave's contact info is...

David Conti
317 258 5550
david@reverieclassicalguitars.com

I have had great success reaching him via email! He is very responsive and customer-oriented! I've also spoken to him on the phone. His knowledge, insight, and advice were invaluable. He also offers different discounts, such as a discount for being a DelCamper, a return customer, etc. The deal he gave me was simply too good to pass up!

Hope this helps!

Thx!

Paul
2016 Cervantes Hauser Concert (SP/IN)
2016 Yamaha C40
2012 Yamaha Silent Classical Guitar (SLG130NW)
2003 Seagull Coastline S6 (Folk Cedar)

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”